Hello from a newbie

CygnusGal

I just wanted to take a moment to say hello to everyone in NWW.

I always thought I was alone. I am the only woman that I've known about who is a Rush *freak*, at least until now. Geddy, Alex and Neil could get up on stage and hoot like owls for 2 hours and I'd be there holding a lighter up screaming my fool head off the whole time - and I'd buy a program and t-shirt. I adore Geddy so much I bought a bass at age 15 and learned to play. Geddy's bass tone on Moving Pictures is the coolest thing I've heard in my life. One of the highlights of my life was a meet a greet with Geddy and Alex (2008) and having my picture taken with them. Geddy and Alex put their arms around me! OMG!

Reading this forum's posts, I see many intelligent and insightful comments. I look forward to reading posts from like (and some non-like) minded individuals and perhaps even make a friend or two along the way.

smile.gif

QUOTE (CygnusGal @ June 17 2012, 02:48 PM)
Geddy, Alex and Neil could get up on stage and hoot like owls for 2 hours...

What a quote! biggrin.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

And welcome, btw! bekloppt.gif

Welcome! You'll find yerself in good company here! bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (Chicken hawk @ Jun 17 2012, 07:15 PM)
Hi Ya  GeddysMullet ,  SchemingDemon and again to CygnusGal
My Rushgal friends.  may i call you friends?

2.gif  th1245.gif

Absolutely! We're such a rare breed, we have to stick together! Women who love Rush because they're Rush and not because their date reluctantly dragged them to a concert or they tolerated their partner playing that same song/album over and over - "...humming your favourite song, you know I've hated that song for so long..." (and I have to admit, I do like that song).

This is the only place I've found where I can talk about Rush and not have *everyone* roll their eyes <sheesh...she's still talking about f-ing Rush...>

I feel blessed & grateful. Thank you.

yes.gif

From one form noob to another. Welcome! 2.gif

Just noticed the tourdates in your sigs. The shows at the Gorge and Boise,1022.gif I was at also. Plus any show that were in the Bay Area from 1979- 1991

Edited by bytored

bekloppt.gif

Welcome to TRF and NWW. We Rush ladies refuse to be invisible and we stick together! Even those of us who have not had Geddy and Alex's arms around us tongue.gif

YET! wink.gif

QUOTE (bytored @ Jun 18 2012, 09:57 PM)
From one form noob to another. Welcome! 2.gif

Just noticed the tourdates in your sigs.  The shows at the Gorge and Boise,1022.gif  I was at also. Plus any show that were in the Bay Area from 1979- 1991

You were in Boise in 97? Very cool. I thought it was only a fair show, especially after the spectacular show that was George, WA! How can anyone not love saying I saw Rush at The Gorge at George Washington - their largest crowd until Rio. I drove from Boise with 3 other female friends, met a fourth in Tacoma and drove to Ellensburg. I was really surprised to see them in Boise - I always figured once I moved to Boise, I was abandoning things like music, arts, culture, human contact... Not a correct evaluation (I was quite surprised), but we didn't get many shows back then. Much, much bigger now.

1979. That would have been amazing, but was two years before I started listening to them (that would have been during my Styx/Moody Blues/Pat Benatar era....good bands, but hardly Rush).

trink39.gif from another newbie!

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Jun 19 2012, 04:03 AM)
bekloppt.gif

Welcome to TRF and NWW. We Rush ladies refuse to be invisible and we stick together! Even those of us who have not had Geddy and Alex's arms around us  tongue.gif

YET!  wink.gif

As if that weren't enough, he remembered me from the meet and greet and smiled and winked at me (my brother witnessed it) *while he was playing onstage*!!!

:swoon:

heart.gif