Nick R a "Fanboy" producer?

GeminiRising79

Wow, have we resorted to going off site for the bad reviews now? I wouldn't be surprise if half these new "bad" reviews are from some of the same people dizzing them here.

rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif z7shysterical.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 16 2012, 11:17 AM)
Wow, have we resorted to going off site for the bad reviews now? I wouldn't be surprise if half these new "bad" reviews are from some of the same people dizzing them here.

rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif z7shysterical.gif

Yeah, cause certainly it CAN'T be possible for people not to like it...... wacko.gif

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jun 16 2012, 01:03 PM)
Doesn't this brazenly go against one of Rush's/Neil's sacred tenets not to ever consider fan suggestions for future material? Is there any truth to this?

Found some other interesting tidbits here:

CA Reviews

You forgot to mention the 111 5-star reviews.

the point of this thread is to make people clicking the link think that all of the reviews are bad and, apparently, lower their opinion of the album. He's hoping you don't notice that the link is ONLY for the 1 star reviews, not the 2,3,4, and 5 reviews.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 16 2012, 01:33 PM)
the point of this thread is to make people clicking the link think that all of the reviews are bad and, apparently, lower their opinion of the album.  He's hoping you don't notice that the link is ONLY for the 1 star reviews, not the 2,3,4, and 5 reviews.

The point of this thread is lame. Desparation time for the troll. rofl3.gif

Edited by Gedneil Alpeart

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 16 2012, 08:47 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jun 16 2012, 12:05 PM)
Wow, quite a few people on there not liking CA too much eh?

to say the least. there are alot of 1 star reviews in there. unsure.gif

116 5*

12 1*

Of the 12 1* reviews only 3 of them are actual buyers.. no way of knowing if the others even bought the album to review it properly.

116 to 12 is a pretty damn good ratio.

QUOTE (Snaked @ Jun 16 2012, 07:50 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 16 2012, 08:47 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jun 16 2012, 12:05 PM)
Wow, quite a few people on there not liking CA too much eh?

to say the least. there are alot of 1 star reviews in there. unsure.gif

116 5*

12 1*

Of the 12 1* reviews only 3 of them are actual buyers.. no way of knowing if the others even bought the album to review it properly.

116 to 12 is a pretty damn good ratio.

of the 116 5 stars, what do you think the ratio of fanboi's to average fans is? tongue.gif

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Jun 16 2012, 09:10 PM)
He is. But so what? Him being a fanboy makes him all the more familiar with the greatness of the band, and not some producer who has never heard of them before.

Geddy said in a recent interview with Billy C that he was initially concerned over Nick R's fan status, but in fact, his fears never materialized and that Nick was never afraid to challenge them in ways they could appreciate.

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jun 16 2012, 09:23 PM)
QUOTE (Earthshine @ Jun 16 2012, 09:10 PM)
He is. But so what? Him being a fanboy makes him all the more familiar with the greatness of the band, and not some producer who has never heard of them before.

Geddy said in a recent interview with Billy C that he was initially concerned over Nick R's fan status, but in fact, his fears never materialized and that Nick was never afraid to challenge them in ways they could appreciate.

Exactly! yes.gif trink39.gif

Oh no? Some other random people that I will never meet don't like the new album? Then I can't either.

Clockwork Angels sucks and I can't believe that anybody ever liked it.

Thank you GeminiRising79, your always useful posts have taught me the error of my ways.

Edited by Dscrapre

well I guess there's only one good use for my copy of the album now that I just realized it sucks!

http://exploresearchunderstand.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/vann_fast_09__paper_people_and_vinyl_record_bowl_115_1250510113.jpg