MY CA SHOW

ucsteve667

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 16 2012, 02:57 PM)
Great show guys! I can't wait for part 2!

applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif applaudit.gif

in the meantime ya might like this oldie

7-24-11 MY Bible Geek SHOW

I had the divine pleasure of talking with Dr. Robert "The Bible Geek" Price(http://www.robertmprice.mindvendor.com/biblegeek.htm), co-author of Mystic Rhythms: The Philosophical Vision of Rush today. We spoke of everything "Beneath Between and Behind" Aqualung to Blade to Lovecraft to RUSH & Revelations! I want to thank the following people who made this possible: Chris Lindsay(www.criticalwitpodcast.com) Hank Shocklee III and of course Mr & Mrs Dr. Price for being featured for us on MY SHOW. https://www.facebook.com/groups/thebiblegeeklisteners https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=109743942399146 (Bible Greek FB group)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jun 16 2012, 03:12 PM)
Let me on heh heh, I'll give you the perspective of a teenager listening to Rush..

thats a possibiity, Ive worked with younglings before, ha

goin to any shows this tour?

Edited by ucsteve667

QUOTE (mandydog @ Jun 16 2012, 03:59 PM)
Enjoyed your show! First generation Rush fan here (2112/All The World's A Stage).

I envy you, did you see them live then? and thanks!

My father (though he dislikes Rush a bit now) saw Rush during the 2112 tour. And I got into them after S&A and will be seeing them during their upcoming tour. Since he's a first generation, would I be a second or a fourth generation fan?

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jun 16 2012, 04:14 PM)
My father (though he dislikes Rush a bit now) saw Rush during the 2112 tour. And I got into them after S&A and will be seeing them during their upcoming tour. Since he's a first generation, would I be a second or a fourth generation fan?

4th I reckon

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jun 16 2012, 04:01 PM)
Enjoyed your show! First generation Rush fan here (2112/All The World's A Stage).

My first live show was January 30, 1979 Louisville Gardens, Louisville, KY. Hemispheres tour. I was 16. I first heard Rush at a friend's house in 1976. 2112 blew me away! Before that year was out I had all the albums up to that point. That first show I spent the whole night right up against the stage under Geddy's mic stand. I could reach out and touch his platform boots!

QUOTE (mandydog @ Jun 16 2012, 04:31 PM)
QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jun 16 2012, 04:01 PM)

My first live show was January 30, 1979 Louisville Gardens, Louisville, KY. Hemispheres tour. I was 16. I first heard Rush at a friend's house in 1976. 2112 blew me away! Before that year was out I had all the albums up to that point. That first show I spent the whole night right up against the stage under Geddy's mic stand. I could reach out and touch his platform boots!

duh, you have them all listed heh. awesome!

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 16 2012, 12:51 PM)
I complete agree with your statement of this music going to be better Live. The songs will be more stripped down and just the energy factor will propel them higher.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I never understand the concept of appreciating Rush songs more hearing them live. Almost universally when I hear a live Rush track, it sounds rougher than the studio version, and I'd almost always rather hear the original.

Rarely does a song suddenly come alive for me live where I didn't get it before (a rare exception is the ATWAS version of By-Tor). Hearing what I consider to be a mediocre song live has never made me suddenly love it. Hearing what I consider to be a great song isn't suddenly a masterpiece when I hear it live. If anything, it just seems a bit rougher. I usually don't find "stripped down" to be an improvement. The excitement of seeing them is awesome, but the songs don't improve for me. no.gif

Edited by ucsteve667

BTW, I've now heard both links including the entire CA conversation we had, and it sounds great! I love the music inserted within.

The only part I noticed you cut is when we start talking about the Billy Corgan interview, and I'm glad, as that was the weakest part of the conversation where we kind of went off-topic - nice editing! smile.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 17 2012, 01:36 AM)
BTW, I've now heard both links including the entire CA conversation we had, and it sounds great! I love the music inserted within.

The only part I noticed you cut is when we start talking about the Billy Corgan interview, and I'm glad, as that was the weakest part of the conversation where we kind of went off-topic - nice editing! smile.gif

very few snips overall really, but I had to pick what I thought the meat of the conversation was at that point anyway heh. we were talking for a while and all. And thanks fer talkin and the compliment as well

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 17 2012, 12:18 AM)
I complete agree with your statement of this music going to be better Live. The songs will be more stripped down and just the energy factor will propel them higher.

2.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

I never understand the concept of appreciating Rush songs more hearing them live. Almost universally when I hear a live Rush track, it sounds rougher than the studio version, and I'd almost always rather hear the original.

Rarely does a song suddenly come alive for me live where I didn't get it before (a rare exception is the ATWAS version of By-Tor). Hearing what I consider to be a mediocre song live has never made me suddenly love it. Hearing what I consider to be a great song isn't suddenly a masterpiece when I hear it live. If anything, it just seems a bit rougher. I usually don't find "stripped down" to be an improvement. The excitement of seeing them is awesome, but the songs don't improve for me. no.gif

Earthshine on Rio is another example...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 16 2012, 11:18 PM)

2.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

Goobs, what about when the song, sonically, sucks shit on the record? A lot of songs from Signals, Presto, RtB and Vapor Trails sound a lot better live because the production of the album was so weak.

I do agree that, for the most part, the studio recordings are preferred.

One thing I've notice even with you three guys is, that people will never agree on the quality of the sound!

Discussing Rush's sound is like discussing sex, politics or religion.

rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif z7shysterical.gif