Stick count in Clockwork Angels (song)

Gerxt

QUOTE (mstmompj @ Jun 15 2012, 07:18 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 15 2012, 02:29 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 15 2012, 12:53 PM)
kinda like a clock ticking smile.gif

It could be constued as such. Personally I think, because the beat changes so much, it works like a metronome.

Yes, it's where the tempo changes from an 8 to a 6. The stick count is a fast 6.

But it really fits the "clockwork" motif as well.

even though Nick was conducting him, I would still assume there was some kind of click track in the headphones when he was tracking the drums, so I'm not sure he had to do it. But it's kinda cool. Something I've never heard him do on a studio album.

QUOTE (Gerxt @ Jun 15 2012, 09:32 PM)
I agree that it could well be Nick R "conducting" Neil. It's really possible as we know he did conduct him....

I would be extremely surprised if this was the case. Many drum parts were unrehearsed first takes. IMO, it was Neil just keeping time.

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Jun 17 2012, 04:46 PM)
Sorry to disagree but it's cheezy.

I have to disagree with you...

I think it is verrryyy cool to tell the listener that things are about to change quickly and it gives me a feel of it all being that much more intimate.

I think the stick count is like a ticking sound to the listener, and Alex's open barre chords played cleanly, picking out the four notes that ring out over and over again, sound very clock-chime like...

I think its all intentional IMHO...