I Graduated!!!!

Nate2112

Congratulations, and good luck in high school! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

It's good to know that there are younger folks who have great taste in music 2.gif

I thought I was one of the younger ones to visit this forum, at 19.

Have fun with high school. It's less disappointing and generally less lame than middle school.

EDIT: realized this thread wasn't in SOCN, so someone 14 in the random section isn't surprising at all.

Edited by That One Guy

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/laserspray/internet%20stuff/ren-n-stimpy.gif

CONGRATS!!!!

Nice! 653.gif I'm gonna start my sophomore year in August. trink39.gif I loved my freshman year, but sadly, Im the only die-hard 2.gif fan in my school. Every week people ask me how many rush shirts I have cause they always see me wearing them. If you have Rush shirts, wear them as much as you can in school! trink39.gif

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jun 16 2012, 03:57 PM)
QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jun 16 2012, 04:48 PM)
I had research papers that were handed in a few days late, yet given full credit because the teacher reset the clock for the rest of the class (Who didn't hand anything in for about 2 months despite threats of 0's.) She gave us no preparation for college by taking in assignments months after they were due.

My school is just like that. I get pretty mad when I finish the paper within the deadline only to have it extended a week because 75% of the class didn't do it.

I also can't stand how certain students can do lackluster shit and still get credit.

As a teacher I'll say that deadlines are overrated, and zero's for missing a deadline is an idiotic practice that has nothing to do with preparing people for real life.

Accepting mediocre work, on the other hand, is crap. I'll stop reading a lousy paper and return it for revision. I'll also stop kids mid-presentation, point out exactly how they are missing the target and ask them to try some other time.

For me, standards should remain high, but the amount of time, instruction and practice to meet the standard can vary a lot, so I'm flexible with deadlines and encourage multiple attempts.

Feel lucky if you are one that gets things the first time.