The thread for people listening to

treeduck

I've listened probably 10 times over the past week, but as soon as I'm done I want to find a good reason to "spend another hour alone". biggrin.gif I find myself making excuses to go for long walks. "Honey, the dog needs a walk...."

Lots of that. wink.gif

Listening through for the 1st time, currently on Carnies...

Amazing. Everything. Geddy's bass tone is wonderful. A lot of the structure of the music calls to mind the "glory days," if you will. Ged does indeed sound terrific.

At the end of Carnies now as Neil is being the tribal force with bass/tom rolls. Beautiful.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 12 2012, 04:00 PM)
QUOTE (phoenix87 @ Jun 12 2012, 03:58 PM)
Carnies  1022.gif

Same here now "Carnies" This one has never sounded clearer! I love the one Scream Geddy does the long "wow" in the background that slides up and down and seems to simulate being on a roller coaster or some cool ride!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Is it possible I have a bad cd? Clear is the last thing I would call the album. Its not as loud as VT but just as fuzzy and indistinct. Where are Neil's cymbals? I can barely hear them. Occassionally I can say, yeah, he is playing them. The album sounds like my ears need popped. I popped them, it didn't help.

Played it on 4 different systems, its the same. Fuzzy. Neil sounds like he has foam all over his drums. Sometimes its loud, sometimes the sound seems to just go away, like in waves.

I've tested my ears with several albums today. They all sound normal. Nobody else is complaining of this. Bad CD?

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 12 2012, 04:04 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 12 2012, 03:59 PM)
BU2B2...

And now...

Wish Them Well...

Wish Them Well has been seriously underrated by all those pre-release reviewers...

1022.gif

So true...it's a quality song.

Catchy as hell, and it's a nice change-up at that point of the album.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 12 2012, 05:31 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Jun 12 2012, 08:23 PM)
I won't get my copy until the end of the week. The latest being Monday. fists crying.gif  tongue.gif Enjoy all! 1022.gif  2.gif  trink39.gif

that's what you get for living in the boondocks. tongue.gif

laugh.gif Well,

My girlfriend ordered it late for a birthday gift. I'm thinking that Amazon is having trouble keeping it in stock. No biggie, I can wait. My classic old movies made it on time! biggrin.gif 2.gif trink39.gif