So, now that we've heard it. Did it work?

D3strukt

I am going to have to say an ASTOUNDING YES. It was everything that most of the reviews stated, and more, IMO.

Clockwork Angels isn't too far from something off of PeW, just a bit heavier. Wreckers is so damn melodic it's not even funny.

One of the songs was said to be Rush's heaviest song, and while I disagree, I still think Stick it Out is the heaviest, followed quickly by Working Man, I will say that all the songs are pretty damn great, even the weakest track on the album (Wish Them Well) is a GOOD song.

Lets hope that they hold up over time.

Its is not even close to being on the level of PeW for me, no way, but just compared to modern Rush, I think its very good. Cant even compare it to the masterpieces they put out in their prime, but at this point after the last few stinkers its definitely working for me.

What's amazing is that the hype made my first listen somewhat disappointing because it wasn't quite what I expected. HOWEVER, the hype was ultimately beneficial because the album has grown with each listen. I LOVE albums that grow on me! Genesis' Foxtrot is another album that was a major grower for me.

Oh of course not. I would never put the album in the likes of PeW. I was just talking about the song.

This album is a "Better than PoW" for me, since it's got the best collection of songs on it. There are a few skippers on every album up to CA for me. Most of HYF and Presto. a few off of CP, 2 off of T4E, OOTC for VT, and 3 off of SAA.

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jun 4 2012, 06:56 PM)
I am going to have to say an ASTOUNDING YES. It was everything that most of the reviews stated, and more, IMO.
Clockwork Angels isn't too far from something off of PeW, just a bit heavier. Wreckers is so damn melodic it's not even funny.

One of the songs was said to be Rush's heaviest song, and while I disagree, I still think Stick it Out is the heaviest, followed quickly by Working Man, I will say that all the songs are pretty damn great, even the weakest track on the album (Wish Them Well) is a GOOD song.

Lets hope that they hold up over time.

Hype is there for drawing more album sales so to say the hype "worked" is to say that it made you buy the album where as you wouldn't have without the hype.

I think everyone on here would have bought the album anyway so it's safe to say the hype was completely unnecessary to pretty much everyone on TRF.

I can say with great certainty after one listen that I like it better than Snakes and Arrows. I can say with great certainty that FIVE FREAKING YEARS waiting for a new album is quite long enough, TYVM. I can say with great certainty this album is destined to be a classic.

There's so much prowess, heart, and power here. . . it cannot be ignored.