EURO 2012

A bit devastated but I'll live! lol! Congrats Italy, you played them off the pitch tonight! Still love this German side to bits though, hope they will dust themselves down and come back stronger. Lots of positives to take away from this campaign. Don't be too disheartened lads! Ozils excellent penalty soothed the pain slightly! biggrin.gif

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Jun 28 2012, 12:48 PM)
Am I the only one who's completely and totally shocked by this outcome?

You can't look at a 4-2 win against Greece and think you've got something top class.

What you have is a bad defence.

Not remotely shocked by this.

QUOTE (toscanobarga @ Jun 28 2012, 04:40 PM)

You can't look at a 4-2 win against Greece and think you've got something top class.

Well it seems to me that Greece had no remote chance even at 1-1.. Germany looked good all throughout the group stages, better than Italy at least.

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 28 2012, 04:34 PM)
My wife just told me she made a $100 bet with her brother, taking Italy to win. ohmy.gif You can rest assured, I will not see a penny of it. fists crying.gif

laugh.gif

Thankfully, my six-year-old son has wisdom beyond his years and suggested we go to the lake yesterday. He spared me the agony of watching Germany go down. From the highlights, it appeared Italy was in control most of the match. Congrats to them!

Should be a great final!

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Jun 28 2012, 04:43 PM)
QUOTE (toscanobarga @ Jun 28 2012, 04:40 PM)

Well it seems to me that Greece had no remote chance even at 1-1.. Germany looked good all throughout the group stages, better than Italy at least.

Perhaps too easy a path to the semi's? Can't take anything away from Italy, though.

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 28 2012, 02:18 PM)
If we're talking about Germany's defense, Lahm and Hummels are world class players. Putting Boateng next to them was a complete mistake, though.

Hummels was beaten multiple times like a red-headed stepchild by a guy who had a heart operation recently and who was knackered after a half.

QUOTE (toscanobarga @ Jun 29 2012, 10:22 AM)
If we're talking about Germany's defense, Lahm and Hummels are world class players. Putting Boateng next to them was a complete mistake, though.

Hummels was beaten multiple times like a red-headed stepchild by a guy who had a heart operation recently and who was knackered after a half.

I'm not talking about yesterday's game. Obviously, nobody had a good night for Germany. My point was Boateng has been terrible all tournament long.

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 29 2012, 07:52 AM)

I'm not talking about yesterday's game. Obviously, nobody had a good night for Germany. My point was Boateng has been terrible all tournament long.

When you play weaker teams, you will look better in all areas.

If letting Greece score 2 wasn't a red flag I don't know what else could be.

As a whole Germany's performances were made to look better than they are by their standard of competition.

Plus today's German team has no backbone. German teams of the past would have clawed their way back just by their sheer force of will. Today's German team is soft.

QUOTE (toscanobarga @ Jun 29 2012, 11:52 AM)

As a whole Germany's performances were made to look better than they are by their standard of competition.

Plus today's German team has no backbone. German teams of the past would have clawed their way back just by their sheer force of will. Today's German team is soft.

Germany was in the group of death, winning all three games, therefore everyone on this planet expected them to at least get to the final. All the defensive blunders in the match against Italy would have been forgotten if Klose and Podolski were in the starting 11. Those two know each other like the Sedin twins and would have provided the necessary offense. It was a mistake to split them up.

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 29 2012, 11:04 AM)

Germany was in the group of death, winning all three games, therefore everyone on this planet expected them to at least get to the final. All the defensive blunders in the match against Italy would have been forgotten if Klose and Podolski were in the starting 11. Those two know each other like the Sedin twins and would have provided the necessary offense. It was a mistake to split them up.

Guess that group wasn't quite as strong as pre-tournament pundits predicted.

Holland was crap and Denmark mediocre.

QUOTE (toscanobarga @ Jun 29 2012, 02:20 PM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 29 2012, 11:04 AM)

Guess that group wasn't quite as strong as pre-tournament pundits predicted.

Holland was crap and Denmark mediocre.

Holland had too many internal squabbles to challenge for the championship and something tells me Denmark would have a great chance to come out of groups A and D.

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 29 2012, 06:42 PM)
QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jun 29 2012, 05:05 PM)
Spain vs Italy.

Germany bails out the winner.

LOL.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (goose @ Jul 1 2012, 09:00 AM)
Just realized I've got a golf tournament and will miss the final. angry.gif

That's all right. Josef Guardiola says Spain would beat Italy even without a "classic number 9" so you're not missing much. wink.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jul 1 2012, 10:32 AM)
QUOTE (goose @ Jul 1 2012, 09:00 AM)
Just realized I've got a golf tournament and will miss the final.  angry.gif

That's all right. Josef Guardiola says Spain would beat Italy even without a "classic number 9" so you're not missing much. wink.gif

biggrin.gif that didn't do the job in the group stage.

The match has just kicked off: it's going to be difficult to pick a winner here. Spain would seem to be the favourites still, but the way the Italians suddenly come to the party and totally bossed Germany, I have to say the momentum is with them.

My prediction: 2-1 to Italy after extra time

QUOTE (Sonatine @ Jul 1 2012, 01:50 PM)

My prediction: 2-1 to Italy after extra time

That would make my wife happy. She's got $100 on them. unsure.gif 1-0 Spain...