Amazon

Alph Seeker

Pardon if this has been answered elsewhere.

I've never ordered new music from amazon. If I order CA, will it arrive on June 12 or be shipped on June 12?

In other words, for those of you who have done this with prior albums, do you get it the same day you can buy it locally?

Thanks!

It should be shipped with the intention of arriving on the 12th, of course the logistics of shipping may mean you actually get it a day early or a day late or so depending on variables. But yeah, the idea is that you'll get it on release day. At least that's been my experience with movies and things. With Rush stuff I've always been too impatient to wait for the mail and I just wait for the doors at Best Buy to open on release day. However, I'm in the same boat as you this time since I ordered the fan pack through Amazon. We'll see.

You can get the album on its release date, but ONLY if you select:

One-day shipping (you pay extra)

Two-day shipping (you pay extra)

FREE two-day shipping with a free trial of "Amazon Prime"

Standard shipping will take 3-5 days.

QUOTE (greg2112 @ May 31 2012, 04:59 AM)
I dont trust ordering from Amazon. Need to ensure you get it on the release date. Going to Best buy is the best option IMO.

I already said that's what I normally do, but seeing how Best Buy won't have the fan pack that's not really an option this time.

QUOTE (greg2112 @ May 31 2012, 04:59 AM)
I dont trust ordering from Amazon. Need to ensure you get it on the release date. Going to Best buy is the best option IMO.

I've never had Amazon fail to deliver on a release date. I know of very few people who have had an issue with that. On the other hand, I've showed up at a retail location twice on a release day only to find out that the truck hadn't arrived (once) or that the item was already sold out because they didn't get enough (once).

QUOTE (greg2112 @ May 31 2012, 06:59 AM)

Amazon has not failed me yet.

Also, if you're an Amazon Prime member then there is basically zero risk of not getting it on release day.

It would take a major screw up by UPS for it to be late.

Edited by Snaked

QUOTE (Snaked @ May 31 2012, 07:27 AM)
Also, if you're an Amazon Prime member then there is basically zero risk of not getting it on release day.
It would take a major screw up by UPS for it to be late.

Exactly. I wouldn't trust regular shipping to get it there on release day of course (and Amazon will tell you that), but if you're a Prime member, it's pretty safe.

QUOTE (Gompers @ May 31 2012, 08:27 AM)
QUOTE (greg2112 @ May 31 2012, 06:59 AM)
I dont trust ordering from Amazon.  Need to ensure you get it on the release date.  Going to Best buy is the best option IMO.

Amazon has not failed me yet.

Me neither. I've mentioned in the price watch thread that as an example, I preordered the remastered Ram cd. It left amazon on Sun, was at my post office on Mon and in my mailbox on Tues. That is with amazon prime btw.

Amazon is rock solid. I order a LOT of different things to them and never once did they fail to deliver on release day, but you're paying for that service. Just to get a little CD on release day it will cost you like an extra $8.

QUOTE (trenken @ May 31 2012, 09:43 AM)
Amazon is rock solid. I order a LOT of different things to them and never once did they fail to deliver on release day, but you're paying for that service. Just to get a little CD on release day it will cost you like an extra $8.

If you're a Prime member or if you know somebody with a Prime membership who will order it for you there is no additional cost.

And if you've never been a Prime member there are all types of ways to get a 1 month trial membership for free.. you just have to remember to cancel before you're charged the $79 annual fee