I dont like Spocks Beard

Akron162

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ May 21 2012, 03:56 PM)
QUOTE (Akron162 @ May 20 2012, 08:38 PM)
Ive heard and read everywhere how awsome and influential Spocks Beard is, but now, after finally getting my hands on The Light (wich by the way is suposed to be their best album) and listen to their music for the first time, i didnt liked it.

I found it very formulaic and boring, everything i was specting to hear in it come out as exactly i thought it would, i knew what would happen in the songs minutes before it actually happened, and i hate that. I hate predictable music.

Im not a fan of Neal Morse voice neither.

Maybe it just need more listens, but right now, meeeeh...

I have all of the Spock's Beard stuff. Musically I enjoy them but for me Neal's voice is quite wimpy for a prog rock band. He sings like he is in a broadway musical or as a lead singer in the Mickey Mouse Club.

Then after the "Snow" record (which is great) he goes Jesus Freak and leaves the band.

Check out some current Spock's Beard albums without Neal!!

They have a new double live cd out right now. It's from the "X" Tour.

They are way better with Neal at the helm! Neal Morse is the man!!! 1022.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 21 2012, 03:48 PM)
QUOTE (Tick @ May 21 2012, 02:28 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ May 21 2012, 03:05 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ May 21 2012, 05:29 AM)
Don't like them or Neal's solo stuff. But I love Transatlantic & Flying Colors.

Ditto!

trink38.gif

No offense but as cool as the Flying Colors album is, its not in the same stratisphere as Spocks Beard. no.gif

They just don't it for me mate what can I say? Can't get into them at all, and not Neal Morse's stuff either, not too keen on his voice so it's too much. Transatlantic and Flying Colors are more my thing!

I do like the keyboard player Ryo Okumoto in this band though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lK6fn1g9w0

You don't have to say anything. I'm just saying Spocks Beard is better than a soft adult contempo album with a slash of progressive flavor sprinkled in.

I like the Flying Colors album, but it sounds like an album that was rushed. Its great for the time they had, but given more time the album would have been better.

QUOTE (Tick @ May 21 2012, 03:12 PM)

Ditto!

trink38.gif

No offense but as cool as the Flying Colors album is, its not in the same stratisphere as Spocks Beard. no.gif

They just don't it for me mate what can I say? Can't get into them at all, and not Neal Morse's stuff either, not too keen on his voice so it's too much. Transatlantic and Flying Colors are more my thing!

You don't have to say anything. I'm just saying Spocks Beard is better than a soft adult contempo album with a slash of progressive flavor sprinkled in.

I like the Flying Colors album, but it sounds like an album that was rushed. Its great for the time they had, but given more time the album would have been better.

I'm a big Steve Morse fan too so that gives it a boost and I'd call it more of a heavy metal album myself! 1022.gif laugh.gif

trink38.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 21 2012, 04:15 PM)

Ditto!

trink38.gif

I'm a big Steve Morse fan too so that gives it a boost and I'd call it more of a heavy metal album myself! 1022.gif laugh.gif

trink38.gif

Steve Morse is one of my top 5 favorite guitar players of all time!

umm...not metal. Maybe alluminum, but that's about it. atickhum.gif

QUOTE (Tick @ May 21 2012, 03:43 PM)

Ditto!

trink38.gif

trink38.gif

Well I play it alongside Ravencult and Krisiun and it seems to fit in quite happily...

trink38.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 21 2012, 04:46 PM)

Ditto!

trink38.gif

trink38.gif

Well I play it alongside Ravencult and Krisiun and it seems to fit in quite happily...

trink38.gif

Yeah, big deal. Some people put ketchup on a hotdog. It doesn't mean it belongs. atickhum.gif

QUOTE (Tick @ May 21 2012, 03:54 PM)

Ditto!

trink38.gif

trink38.gif

trink38.gif

Yeah, big deal. Some people put ketchup on a hotdog. It doesn't mean it belongs. atickhum.gif

Here's a hotdog for you:

moon.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 21 2012, 04:59 PM)

Ditto!

trink38.gif

trink38.gif

trink38.gif

Here's a hotdog for you:

moon.gif

I would say its more like you are requesting a hot dog.

QUOTE (Tick @ May 21 2012, 04:10 PM)

Ditto!

trink38.gif

trink38.gif

trink38.gif

Here's a hotdog for you:

moon.gif

Naaa I don't eat that kind of crap, I've not even had a Big Mac or KFC since the late 80s...

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ May 21 2012, 11:29 AM)
Don't like them or Neal's solo stuff. Neither do I like Transatlantic or Flying Colors.

Fixed for me.

Don't like The Flower Kings either.

Ditto!

trink38.gif

trink38.gif

trink38.gif

Here's a hotdog for you:

moon.gif

He is. Right in the ole darierre.

I've heard of them but I've never bothered to listen to them....until now when I listen to The Light...OMG!! ITS SO GOOD!!

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ May 21 2012, 05:49 PM)

Ditto!

trink38.gif

trink38.gif

trink38.gif

Here's a hotdog for you:

moon.gif

He is. Right in the ole darierre.

ohmy.gif