R40: The Festival

danielmclark

Would you be up for a 10 hour Rush fest?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be up for a 10 hour Rush fest?

• Yes!
    • No!

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 27 2012, 08:40 AM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Apr 27 2012, 06:57 AM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 27 2012, 07:47 AM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Apr 27 2012, 06:43 AM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 26 2012, 02:36 PM)
I'd be in...for 10 Hours of RUSH.

I don't care to see any bands with Rush...none. Not even as a one-off.

Agreed. If they do anything for a 40th anniversary they need to do a full tour like they did with R30. Just them and no one else, the way that it should be with Rush.

So in other words, the same old thing. Personally, I'd want something a little more special!

Exactly wink.gif

Keep in mind doing a one off festival gig somewhere also prevents a lot of fans from going since a lot them might not have the money or spare time to travel. At least with a full tour they're giving their fans more of an opportunity to see them.

Ohh... okay, we're on different pages. When I started the thread, I wasn't clear, but I was talking about a festival tour, not a one-off show. Something like the Warped Tour or Ozzfest. You were thinking of a gig like Lollapalooza.

I'm with you, I would hate for it to be a one-off show, for exactly the reason you mentioned.

OK, gotcha. It was emotion detector's comment about not even going to a one off show that got me thinking that way. If it was a tour and it hit my area, of course I would go since Rush would be playing. Still, at this point Rush has established the evening with shows are their thing now, so i'm not sure how receptive a lot of the fans would be to opening acts for them. That's what makes Rush live so special, it's just them. I'm sure there's a few other bands out there that do the evening with format but I can't think of anyone else but Rush.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 27 2012, 08:41 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 27 2012, 07:23 AM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 26 2012, 09:16 PM)
I would be stoked for any news of a Rush festival, but I would seriously boycott it if Ted FKING Nugent were a part of it. That man is evil on an epic scale. No way he gets one penny from me.

I remember back in the 70's before Ted became the Sheriff of Nottingham . He wrote some cool shit and just wanted to Rock. Now , he annoys the piss out of me

Yeah. Back then, he was just crazy, and that was fine. Crazy can be fun. Somewhere along the way, he went from crazy to batshit insane and landed on full-out evil.

Stranglehold yes.gif

Early bands in no particular order.

-Porcupine Tree (Obvious choice, with the love Rush shoes for this band, its almost a given...if Wilson is not busy with his 2,000 other projects)

-Kim Mitchell (or a good time for a Max Webster reunion, but most likely just KM)

-Dream Theater (If there is one group who would be almost a certainty to be into playing said show it would be them)

a rush only festival would work just fine.

phish has always done this and their festivals are some of the best concert/camping experiences i've ever had in my life.

just think: arrive on a friday, and then rush plays 3 sets on sat and 3 sets on sun....what's not to like?

Several folks have mentioned Triumph. If you could get the original groups (Rik, Gill & Mike) back together having them play a true double main bill (Triumph gets at least 2 hrs and Rush gets to play 3 1/2 to 4) would be great. Saw Triumph back on the Sport of Kings tour and they were great.

I also mentioned Ted Nugent earlier and that se off a number of posts. Just for the record, I am not a fan of him. Saw the Dam Yankees and that was a really good show. Saw him once on his own (although Jack Blades of Night Ranger was with him) and it was an ok show. Don't own any of his records. Don't want to. Just thought including him in a festival of bands that Rush toured with early out would be interesting from a historical perspective. Thats the only reason he was included.

Best thing of all would be for a very long Rush set. The longer and the more Rush the better, esp if they played a lot of stuff they have never played live or not played live in a long time.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 26 2012, 03:50 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 26 2012, 02:36 PM)

I don't care to see any bands with Rush...none. Not even as a one-off.

You my friend are No fun.......................... 1287.gif

laugh.gif

What can I say? I love my Rush shows with only them!

But to play along, I would definitely be interested in seeing a festival with some other great bands.

Queensryche (LP-Promised Land + Tribe)

Dream Theater

Alice In Chains

Joe Satriani

Eclectic, I know. But it would be a great show for me. yes.gif

I guess this would be the beginning of Prog-Fest!

Gates Open at 11:00AM

Fates Warning 11:30PM - 1:00PM (Pleasant Shade of Grey- Entire)

Queensryche 1:30PM - 3:30PM (Operation MindCrime - Entire)

Saga 4:00PM-6:00PM (The Chapters -Entire)

Dream Theater 6:30 - 8:30PM (Scenes from a Memory -Entire)

RUSH 9:00PM - 11:30PM (Cygnus X-1, Hemisphere, Xanadu & 2112 - Entire)

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

goodpost.gif

Edited by losingit2k

I'm way too spoiled by the "An Evening With Rush" concept. Unless the Beatles or Pink Floyd miraculously reform I only want to see Rush with Rush.

Now that I think about it... If Paul and Ringo got together with David, Roger and Nick that would be worth seeing anywhere.