Tickets released later in presale?

Karena

Does anyone know if they hold back any good seats in MT presales to be released later in the sale or do all the good seats go first and that's that? Presale goes to tomorrow night but there's just crap left right now. Don't know if I should bother checking anymore or not.

Yes and no.

Yes, tickets sometimes appear after the initial rush at the beginning. There are a number of reasons for that. I'll go over the main 2.

1. The MT system holds tickets in your cart for 10 minutes. Even if you close your browser without making the purchase the seats are on hold for 10 minutes and then they are dropped back into the pool for the next person to pull.

This however would not result in a good ticket suddenly appearing so long after the sale begins.

2. MT like all online retailers has a very active anti-fraud department and orders get cancelled that do not meet scrutiny. This is why we saw a post today from somebody that got 4th row for Brooklyn. The tickets didnt magically appear, the previous order was cancelled by MT and the tickets were dropped back into the pool.

HTH

I lucked out...I tried first thing this morning and could get nothing on the floor, and nothing closer than the section half way back or further....I tried about a half hour ago and got club level seating, first row in the front 1/3 of the venue (Philly)

I was pretty much giving up on getting any decent seats from the presale.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 25 2012, 03:22 PM)
I just looked at a local broker and they have 1000 tickets for sale for the Chicago show already. Those bastards are stocking up.

StubHub:

2 tickets, Row 4, Geddy's side, $823.00 EACH

2 tickets, Row 4, Alex's side, $375.00 EACH

I guess someone must think Geddy's side is way better..... wacko.gif wacko.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Apr 25 2012, 03:33 PM)
I just looked at a local broker and they have 1000 tickets for sale for the Chicago show already. Those bastards are stocking up.

StubHub:

Geddy is worth more than two Alexes?! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Karena @ Apr 25 2012, 03:42 PM)
QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Apr 25 2012, 03:33 PM)

StubHub:

Geddy is worth more than two Alexes?! laugh.gif

Well, he sings, plays bass and keys. Sometimes all at once. I would say Ged's side is worth a bit more. tongue.gif

Sorry...someone needs to change the laws on this...it's pathetic!