Headlong Flight mp3 available now!!

ghostrider2112x1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 23 2012, 10:24 PM)
2.gif I just got it and listening now! So much cleaner, the drums sound much tighter and crystal clear, the Guitars and Vocals have never sounded better! The annoying echo is gone!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Cool! Does the production sound better(or different?) than the singles that are two years old?

QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 23 2012, 10:27 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 23 2012, 10:24 PM)
2.gif I just got it and listening now! So much cleaner, the drums sound much tighter and crystal clear, the Guitars and Vocals have never sounded better! The annoying echo is gone!

2.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

Cool! Does the production sound better(or different?) than the singles that are two years old?

Similar, but I think it sounds better. There definately much more separation in the instruments than in the previous downloads. Specially Geddy's bass! It Sounds so much better now as does his voice! Alex's Guitar are much more clear as well. This is what VT should have sounded like!

Nick, Please oh Please remix that train wreck!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 23 2012, 10:35 PM)
Sound is a LOT better than the streams/youtube feeds.

You can actually hear the samples in the background nice and clear.

You can hear everything much better! Crispy is the word that comes to mind. You can actually hear individual notes in Alex's Solo! Nothing is obscured by that wierd ass effect on the streams!

Crisp baby Crisp!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Apr 23 2012, 10:40 PM)
Neil's mighty cymbals aren't drowning out the rest of the instruments, and you can actually hear Alex now. Geddy's bass is even bigger, and the tone really stands out.

As for his voice, it's like a combination of Fergie and Jesus! tongue.gif

I was a bit worried there for a couple of days, cause even the first stream release of Far Cry wasn't as muddy as Headlong Flight was, But this is like entering the Seven Cities of Gold after a bought with the Wreckers!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 23 2012, 11:43 PM)
QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Apr 23 2012, 10:40 PM)
Neil's mighty cymbals aren't drowning out the rest of the instruments, and you can actually hear Alex now. Geddy's bass is even bigger, and the tone really stands out.

As for his voice, it's like a combination of Fergie and Jesus!  tongue.gif

I was a bit worried there for a couple of days, cause even the first stream release of Far Cry wasn't as muddy as Headlong Flight was, But this is like entering the Seven Cities of Gold after a bought with the Wreckers!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I see what you did there.

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 23 2012, 10:44 PM)
there is actually some separation in the mix.. phew.

Nick is the man!

"Houston, We have separation!"

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif applaudit.gif common001.gif common001.gif applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif applaudit.gif

trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

1287.gif 1287.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 23 2012, 10:52 PM)
And of course Hemispheres is next on my iTunes list.... I dont think I've ever skipped Prelude to replay the previous song before.

I haven't stopped playing it since I downloaded it! I'm as happy as a Carnie in the Garden!

rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Edited by losingit2k

I'm listening to Hemispheres right now on my itunes list (since it's after Headlong Flight), and I noticed something I've never heard before. In Cygnus 2, during the slow talking part Geddy does, you know "As a disembodied spirit..." you can actually hear snippets from Book 1 in the background! My ears must have been finely tuned since I was listening so hard to Headlong Flight. Not sure how many people have noticed this, but I never have and I was BLOWN AWAY!

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Apr 23 2012, 10:57 PM)
I'm listening to Hemispheres right now on my itunes list (since it's after Headlong Flight), and I noticed something I've never heard before. In Cygnus 2, during the slow talking part Geddy does, you know "As a disembodied spirit..." you can actually hear snippets from Book 1 in the background! My ears must have been finely tuned since I was listening so hard to Headlong Flight. Not sure how many people have noticed this, but I never have and I was BLOWN AWAY!

.... laugh.gif

Out of good fun, i'm sure alot of people have noticed it. Haha

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Apr 23 2012, 10:57 PM)

Right before, yeah that has always been there! Are you listening with Headphones?

yes.gif

Oh I'm sure after it being out for over 30 years a lot of people have heard it, but no I wasn't listening with headphones, I just had Headlong Flight CRANKED! I live in an apartment so I usually have to keep my music down, but I had to have HF up LOUUUD! Left the volume up for Hemispheres. And trust me, I've listened to Hemispheres a hundred times, just never noticed that awesome little part. Made me smile BIG! biggrin.gif

Holy shit - this sounds amazing.

A total different listening experience than from the stream. Everything sounds so much better, including the vocals - which are pretty damn awesome I must say. And his bass is just sick.

Everyone is bringing their game - but man, this is Geds song.

Bullshit~!

7digital whatever gave me Caravan and BU2B instead of HF!!! SAME exact sound quality as the original mp3z of those songs I downloaded 2 years ago from Amazon.

I shit you not. I've got a new sub-folder in my Caravan album folder with 2 extra copies of Caravan and BU2B. No HF.

grrrrr.....

I'll keep refreshing the Amazon Prime download option until it says "available". Not worth me fighting for a $1.49 refund...

Buyer beware.