New Orleans SAINTS official thread 2012-13

treeduck

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 13 2012, 11:57 AM)
Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints agree on five-year deal

NFL.com

Published: July 13, 2012 at 01:43 p.m. Updated: July 13, 2012 at 01:48 p.m.

Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints have agreed on a five-year, $100 million contract, NFL Network's Michael Lombardi reports.

Brees' contract includes $60 million in guarantees and is worth $61 million over the first three years, according to NFL Network and NFL.com's Albert Breer.

Brees and the Saints had reportedly been more than $10 million a part on the guaranteed portion of the contract.

cheer.gif cheer.gif cool10.gif trink38.gif 653.gif 653.gif common001.gif common001.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif bekloppt.gif bekloppt.gif bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif signs015.gif icon_alienjig.gif icon_alienjig.gif boarder.gif boarder.gif old.gif th1245.gif joker.gif notworthy.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cool10.gif common001.gif common001.gif

This is actually a sign and trade with Miami. Brees will go to the Fins in exchange for Tannehill and the return of Reggie.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jul 13 2012, 03:10 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 13 2012, 11:57 AM)
Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints agree on five-year deal

NFL.com

Published: July 13, 2012 at 01:43 p.m. Updated: July 13, 2012 at 01:48 p.m.

Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints have agreed on a five-year, $100 million contract, NFL Network's Michael Lombardi reports.

Brees' contract includes $60 million in guarantees and is worth $61 million over the first three years, according to NFL Network and NFL.com's Albert Breer.

Brees and the Saints had reportedly been more than $10 million a part on the guaranteed portion of the contract.

cheer.gif  cheer.gif  cool10.gif  trink38.gif  653.gif  653.gif  common001.gif  common001.gif  cheer.gif  cheer.gif  bekloppt.gif  bekloppt.gif  bncegrn.gif  bncegrn.gif  signs015.gif  icon_alienjig.gif  icon_alienjig.gif  boarder.gif  boarder.gif  old.gif  th1245.gif  joker.gif  notworthy.gif  cheer.gif  cheer.gif  cheer.gif  cool10.gif  common001.gif  common001.gif

This is actually a sign and trade with Miami. Brees will go to the Fins in exchange for Tannehill and the return of Reggie.

common001.gif spit6ph.gif

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jul 24 2012, 08:07 PM)
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPol...e&pollId=143530

You should know by now nothing in preseason means anything, games, predictions, articles, polls...

I mean look at the Dream Team, they're at it again, Vick talking Eagles dynasty, and how RG3 worships him. It's the NFL silly season. I even hear rumours of a Dolphins play-off spot! tongue.gif

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Jul 25 2012, 12:09 PM)
QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jul 24 2012, 07:07 PM)

Interesting to note that Minnesota had the strongest anti-Saints sentiment of any state in the nation on that poll...

Gee... I wonder why. angry.gif

The hits on Favre didn't win us the game, our offense won us the game. I think you Vikings people have lost sight of this along the way, our offense also won us 13 regular season games, whipped the Cards and oh won us the superbowl. Questionable hits that don't stop opposing offenses don't win games.

The so-called bounty situation last gave us the 26th ranked defense last year, that didn't win us any games either, except the stop against the Falcons on 4th down and no hits were involved there.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 25 2012, 12:17 PM)

Interesting to note that Minnesota had the strongest anti-Saints sentiment of any state in the nation on that poll...

The hits on Favre didn't win us the game, our offense won us the game. I think you Vikings people have lost sight of this along the way, our offense also won us 13 regular season games, whipped the Cards and oh won us the superbowl. Questionable hits that don't stop opposing offenses don't win games.

The so-called bounty situation last gave us the 26th ranked defense last year, that didn't win us any games either, except the stop against the Falcons on 4th down and no hits were involved there.

That game was won by blown calls. That game came down to the final drive, and every dirty hit, every act of pass interference, every bullshit call cost the Vikings the opportunity to win that game. It shouldn't have gone down like it did, and if Favre wouldn't have been beat to shit- who knows what kind of last minute magic he could've pulled off.

I don't think I've ever been more angry watching a sporting event. Part of me still believes that the refs were in on the bounty system.

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Jul 25 2012, 01:50 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 25 2012, 12:17 PM)

That game was won by blown calls. That game came down to the final drive, and every dirty hit, every act of pass interference, every bullshit call cost the Vikings the opportunity to win that game. It shouldn't have gone down like it did, and if Favre wouldn't have been beat to shit- who knows what kind of last minute magic he could've pulled off.

I don't think I've ever been more angry watching a sporting event. Part of me still believes that the refs were in on the bounty system.

Well you won't be surprised to discover I don't see that way...

biggrin.gif

Meanwhile what you should be doing is looking forward not back, because it ain't gonna do you any good. Look to the the future mate. Ponder and the rest of Peterson's career and that sack monster Allen you've got, and how you're going to improve going forward. Looking back will just make you bitter, because a loss will still remain a loss, no matter how you formulate your conspiracy theories. You dig?

trink39.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 5 2012, 06:23 PM)
Kevin Kolb for the Dolphins??

wink.gif

We got Tannehill, Garrard, AND Moore...I think we're set wink.gif

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Aug 5 2012, 07:24 PM)

wink.gif

We might send you Chase Daniel as well after those first two drives of his...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 5 2012, 06:38 PM)
QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Aug 5 2012, 07:24 PM)

wink.gif

We might send you Chase Daniel as well after those first two drives of his...

You may have to, all you can afford is Brees and your punter before you're over the cap.