The 2012-13 Miami Dolphins Thread

laughedatbytime

I thought the deal was a bad one at the time and still do...David can play and they probably won't get anyone as good unless they use their #1 on one...we need a corner, we didn't need to give one up...

I thought the deal was a bad one at the time and still do...David can play and they probably won't get anyone as good unless they use their #1 on one...we need a corner, we didn't need to give one up...

Why did the Fins give him up?

Stupidity. But that's to be expected from our GM.

I notice the last Seahawks play-off road win was against the Fins in 1983... :oops:

I notice the last Seahawks play-off road win was against the Fins in 1983... :oops:

I remember that game vividly. It was Marino's first playoff game. We had a up and coming rookie RB, David Overstreet from Oklahoma, who died in a wreck in the offseason who could have been a solution to our running game issues for the next five or so years, who had a fine game.

We let them hang around and I believe they scored late to win.

I remember that game vividly. It was Marino's first playoff game. We had a up and coming rookie RB, David Overstreet from Oklahoma, who died in a wreck in the offseason who could have been a solution to our running game issues for the next five or so years, who had a fine game.

We let them hang around and I believe they scored late to win.

Overstreet's crash must have been a bit like the one in Bullit at the end of the car chase, but with booze instead of another car...

Dolphins mock draft (I became the Phin's GM for 5 minutes)

1 Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State

2 Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia

2 Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford

3 T.J. McDonald, S, USC

3 Justin Pugh, G/OT, Syracuse

4 William Gholston, DE/DT, Michigan State

5 Jelani Jenkins, OLB, Florida

7 Miguel Maysonet, RB, Stony Brook

7 Ricky Wagner, ROT, Wisconsin

3 T.J. McDonald, S, USC

I don't know much about the individual players, but it addresses the team needs, though if there's a decent receiver available when we pick we have to go for him, especially if he's a burner.

3 T.J. McDonald, S, USC

I don't know much about the individual players, but it addresses the team needs, though if there's a decent receiver available when we pick we have to go for him, especially if he's a burner.

There's not that many good receivers, not ones you'd want to use a top 12 pick on anyway. That's why I didn't pick one there, they're all late first rounders at best.

3 T.J. McDonald, S, USC

There's not that many good receivers, not ones you'd want to use a top 12 pick on anyway. That's why I didn't pick one there, they're all late first rounders at best.

That's what I've heard.

Is there anything that will be out there in free agency? Because that position may be the weakest of any position of any team in the league. We can't go into next season without a significant upgrade and expect to win anything.

3 T.J. McDonald, S, USC

That's what I've heard.

Is there anything that will be out there in free agency? Because that position may be the weakest of any position of any team in the league. We can't go into next season without a significant upgrade and expect to win anything.

There's some good ones, Mike Wallace, Greg Jennings, Dwayne Bowe, and your old pal Wes Wanker!

I read something on Bleacher earlier about the Dolphins FA receiver situation, let me see if I can find it again...

Here you go:

Greg Jennings

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/article/media_slots/photos/000/707/258/hi-res-159119296_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=85

Best Fit: Miami Dolphins

Where He'll End Up: Miami Dolphins

Head Coach Joe Philbin will gladly reunite with Jennings, whom he coached when he was the offensive coordinator of the Green Bay Packers. Don't expect Jennings to return to Green Bay—the Packers have plenty of weapons at wide receiver and won't pay Jennings what he'll want to stay.

The Dolphins will get a dangerous playmaker and smart veteran for young quarterback Ryan Tannehill to lean on. I would be surprised if this doesn't go down.

• Like 1

I saw this yesterday. Jennings definitely can still play.

I'd love to see this. And according to the crawl on NFLN yesterday, Jennings wants to go there.

The only question about Jennings is if teams have become wary of his recent injuries. He sprained his knee in late 2011, and he had lower abdominal surgery this past year. He looked pretty good after he came back from surgery, but I think it's safe to assume that teams are wondering about his physical condition, if he can get back to his normal self. That might affect the offers he gets....

New Dolphins helmet?

http://saintsreport.com/forums/attachments/f2/64340d1360106872-n-s-dolphins-new-logo-image.jpg

Nothing is showing up.

Here we go:

http://i.imgur.com/5eqkvDI.jpg

Not promising.

Got a side view?

No that's it. It's a kind of mirror silver.

It sucks donkeys.

Here we go:

http://i.imgur.com/5eqkvDI.jpg

Not promising.

Got a side view?

No that's it. It's a kind of mirror silver.

It sucks donkeys.

I don't like it either. It's not official of course so maybe there's nothing to worry about.

What about this design?

http://thepenaltyflagblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Miami-Dolphins-Helmet-Concept-3.jpg

Good logo, but the helmet needs to be white with a thin stripe like they have now. This sucks.