The 2012-13 Miami Dolphins Thread

laughedatbytime

Yep, that was one of the reasons I hated the pick. He's turning out better than expected but I'm not sure he's going to ever play at the level he needs to to win Super Bowls.

Which reminds me....f*** Nick Saban.

That's my concern at this point. It's clear that Gabbert isn't going to make it. With Tannehill, I say give him 3 years, though it's hard to do much with a roster of #3 or worse receivers.

Both lines got dominated by Buffalo last night. The whole offense and most of the secondary (Smith and Jones excluded) needs to be overhauled. Still not sure why we traded Davis.

What about the new head coach, what do you make of him so far?

Well, I would give him a C so far. He's got the team playing hard, and up through the last two weeks well. But the hurry up they run is a bit too frantic, especially on third downs where they seem to take less care than they need to. I personally think he pulled Reggie too quickly in the Tennessee game after fumbling, given that Daniel Thomas isn't too productive. I also haven't really seen any adjustments on the offensive side of the ball that have resulted in improved in game performance. I haven't seen any real clock management issues or bonehead challenges, which is a good thing.

He's no Cam Cameron (thank God for that) so it could be worse.

Well, I would give him a C so far. He's got the team playing hard, and up through the last two weeks well. But the hurry up they run is a bit too frantic, especially on third downs where they seem to take less care than they need to. I personally think he pulled Reggie too quickly in the Tennessee game after fumbling, given that Daniel Thomas isn't too productive. I also haven't really seen any adjustments on the offensive side of the ball that have resulted in improved in game performance. I haven't seen any real clock management issues or bonehead challenges, which is a good thing.

I don't agree with pulling a guy after one fumble. If he fumbles twice in a game then yeah.

I think the Dolphins will be better next year with a bit of luck and a smart draft...

I don't agree with pulling a guy after one fumble. If he fumbles twice in a game then yeah.

I think the Dolphins will be better next year with a bit of luck and a smart draft...

Are we capable of a smart draft?

Are we capable of a smart draft?

Ha ha...no! :laughing guy:

http://www.nfl.com/n...-miami-dolphins

Stick a fork in 'em: 2012 Miami Dolphins

It's not easy being a

Miami Dolphins fan.

Not in the post-Marino era, anyway. The franchise has struggled to find some measure of stability for years. The decision to draft quarterback

Ryan Tannehill was supposed to change that -- and it still might. But the Dolphins aren't ready to play with the big boys in the AFC. Not yet.

Miami dropped to 4-6 following a

19-14 loss to the Buffalo Bills on Thursday night. To even sniff the playoff picture, the Dolphins would have to win (at least) four of their last six games. With a brutal schedule ahead, forget it.

Enter the fork.

What went wrong

Tannehill has shown real promise in stretches this season, but he's hardly at the stage where he can do it alone. There simply aren't enough playmakers on this team, which helps explain Miami being ranked 29th in total offense.

Brian Hartline and Davone Bess are nice players, but the Dolphins lack a true game-breaker. Someone like, well ... Brandon Marshall.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/photo/2012/10/31/0ap1000000088419.jpgAround the League will stick a fork in teams that no longer have any chance to make the playoffs:

32. Kansas City Chiefs

31. Jacksonville Jaguars

30. Cleveland Browns

29. Carolina Panthers

28. Tennessee Titans

27. Washington Redskins

26. Oakland Raiders

25. Philadelphia Eagles

Reggie Bush made no secret of his quest for the rushing title. He hurt his knee after a hot start, and has never regained his momentum even after geting healthy. He's losing touches to Daniel Thomas and even got benched for a fumble in Week 10. Bush can be a useful -- even dynamic -- player when employed the correct way, but he's no workhorse. Joe Philbin seems to understand that now.

If Bush is the underperformer among skill players, left tackle

Jake Long is the culprit on the offensive line. Long is ranked football's 44th best tackle this season, according to ProFootballFocus.com. By comparison, Long was ranked 21st in 2011, second in 2010, and second again in 2009. At 27, Long should be in the prime of his career. What's up?

What went right

Many were surprised when the

Dolphins turned the keys over to Tannehill in training camp, but the decision appears to have been a wise one.

Our boss Gregg Rosenthal

has raved about Tannehill all year. He stands tall in the pocket. He runs the two-minute offense well and effectively changes plays at the line of scrimmage. He doesn't turn the ball over excessively. Some young quarterbacks regress when thrown directly into the fire. You get the feeling Tannehill will be better for this experience.

The

Dolphins have gotten strong play from their front seven on defense. Miami is tied for fourth in the NFL with 27 sacks, and they're holding opponents to less than 100 yards per game on the ground.Kevin Burnett and Karlos Dansby form one of the best linebacker pairings in football. On offense, second-year center Mike Pouncey has emerged as a Pro Bowl player in both pass- and run-blocking.

What still matters

The

Dolphins are coming off three losses in 12 days, a dry stretch that can send lesser-willed teams spiraling into the abyss. Miami can't let that happen. This season needs to be remembered as a building block, not just another lost campaign. Keep Tannehill upright and make determinations which players fit well around him. Philbin should use the rest of this season as an evaluation process. Just don't pull a Shanahan and let the cat out of the bag.

What changes are coming

The hiring of Philbin and drafting of Tannehill look like good decisions, but will they be enough to save the job of embattled general manager Jeff Ireland? We haven't heard of any "Fire-land" demonstrations of late, which is perhaps promising. We wonder about the future of both Bush and Long, two expensive veterans who have slipped this year. Whoever is running the

Dolphins should push hard to give Tannehill a No. 1 receiver. You know, a Brandon Marshall type.

OK, I'll stop.

Follow Dan Hanzus on Twitter

@danhanzus.

It'd be very cool if the Dolphins pulled off a nice home victory versus the Sea Monkeys on Sunday!

:hi:

Factors favoring Dolphins:

1) Seattle will have traveled 3500 miles to grt to the game

2) they suck on the road

3) the Dolphins have had the last two weeks off

4) the Seahawks have been sent the last two weeks of opponent game film and will consider it a walkover

Hmmmm, maybe we do have a chance

It'd be very cool if the Dolphins pulled off a nice home victory versus the Sea Monkeys on Sunday!

2) they suck on the road

4) the Seahawks have been sent the last two weeks of opponent game film and will consider it a walkover

That's the spirit... :hail: :)

2) they suck on the road

I heard Pete Carroll has burned the Dolphins game film to avoid overconfidence.

2) they suck on the road

I heard Pete Carroll has burned the Dolphins game film to avoid overconfidence.

I used to laugh at Pete Carroll, especially some of his draft picks, but he's not looking so much of a joke now... :blink:

Well, so far, not much happening. 21 mins of football, nobody's gotten to within the 35 for either team. Carroll is incredibly conservative, a punt from the Mia 35 and another one on 4th and 1 from the 37.

Has there ever been a 0-0 tie?

Not since 1945. I think there were about 20-25 before that though.

The closest to it recently has been the Fins and Steelers on a MNF game where there were divots all over the field due to rainy conditions. The Steelers kicked a FG wit under half a minute to play.

The closest to it recently has been the Fins and Steelers on a MNF game where there were divots all over the field due to rainy conditions. The Steelers kicked a FG wit under half a minute to play.

I think i saw that! Or slept through it...

Well, at least that time when Golden Tate committed OPI, he caught the ball, so I guess these refs are marginally better than the replacements.

7-7 at the half.

The Brown, Jags and Chiefs are all winning? :blink:

Not for long, probably, but the Jags are playing the Titans (and have Henne playing QB) and the Browns are facing Charlie Batch, so ya never know.

Russell Wilson is starting to piss me off. The kid doesn't make a bad decision. We've stuffed their running game (Lynch is averaging less than 2 ypc) but they're still driving the ball.

Think someone remembered that and turned on the water sprinklers. lol