All Rush all day

Capt starman

QUOTE (Capt starman @ Feb 25 2012, 12:21 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Feb 24 2012, 10:36 PM)
QUOTE (Bastille Dave @ Feb 24 2012, 06:21 PM)
QUOTE (Capt starman @ Feb 24 2012, 05:07 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Feb 23 2012, 09:07 PM)

I guess it was easy for me because I was working while listening. I don't get the chance to do it often, but when I can, I take advantage of it.

I'm reading that alot of people here are kinda giving you crap about this and sayin' they could never hear all of those Rush albums in a row. I say you go for it man!! I too get to listen to my iPod at work sometimes for hours in a row and I love listening to entire catalogs of bands, especially Rush. cool.gif

goodpost.gif

I don't mind people saying they couldn't listen to RUSH all day, that is their opinion and it's valid, but it does get annoying when people give a new member shyt for being excited about RUSH. This is a RUSH forum for the love of God!

Thanks for all the replies. Doing this gave me a chance to capture the many transitions the band went through over the years. The changes they made in themselves and to their music over the past decades.

Don't feel the need to defend yourself. Let others do it! On a RUSH fan forum I don't think you should have to defend the fact that you love RUSH. The people who kill me are the ones surprised by all the "fanboys" as they call them.

Where the f**k to the think they are? The RUSH Hate Forum?

trink39.gif

The only time I've listened to an entire catalog by any artist was back in the summer. Me and my friends thought, "Hey, let's listen to the entire Frank Zappa discography including live albums!". Boy was THAT a bad idea. Took us almost 5 whole days to get through it all, but it was definitely one of the most fun listening experiences I've ever had.

Don't think I could do it again, for Rush or any other band, mostly because of variety issues. I could listen to maybe two Rush albums in a row, but I would need to move onto something completely different. It sounds fun though, might give it a try.

I live a twenty minute walk from work. I tend to go through phases where I'll start from Rush and work my way, a few songs a day, through the studio albums up to Snakes And Arrows. Either that or it's on shuffle.

Sometimes when I'm doing the housework on my days off I'll continue to go through the catalogue in order or I'll play the live albums.

Whenever I plan to put Time Machine DVD on I'll play the albums that don't have songs in the set list during the morning and watch the DVD in the afternoon. Usually when I do that I feel "full up" with Rush so I listen to something else for a few days.

A the moment I'm discovering Magnum so that's keeping me occupied on non-Rush days.