Any Demos?

PrismEye

I was just wondering if there were any Rush demos floating around. I'm not sure if they did much demoing at all, but I remember hearing a snippet of a studio demo version of "Tom Sawyer" on the 2112/Moving Pictures Classic Albums DVD.

I also heard there's an alternate version of "The Trees" in some Rock Band video game.

After they're done touring and recording albums, I think the release of a collection of demos would be pretty cool cool.gif

QUOTE (PrismEye @ Feb 2 2012, 04:06 PM)
I also heard there's an alternate version of "The Trees" in some Rock Band video game.

Yeah, the Vault edition of the Trees from Rock Band 2 is a slightly different version. It's almost identical to the original except some of the parts aren't quite finalized. It sounds like a different take from the same session.

Edited by Dscrapre

QUOTE (Dscrapre @ Feb 3 2012, 10:22 AM)
QUOTE (PrismEye @ Feb 2 2012, 04:06 PM)

Yeah, the Vault edition of the Trees from Rock Band 2 is a slightly different version. It's almost identical to the original except some of the parts aren't quite finalized. It sounds like a different take from the same session.

Agreed. Same with "The Spirit of the Radio" on RB. Different, but only slightly - and not really worth seeking out.

I have heard the Power Windows outtakes - and those WERE quite interesting.

Clem

As far as I know there are demos for Power Windows and Counterparts floating around (not huge differences, but cool to hear nonetheless)

Then you have the vault editions of Working Man and The Trees which I think offer different Alex solos.

A suppose you could count the soundstage versions from A Farewell To Kings and Hemispheres (The videos) and perhaps Anthem and Fly By Night (videos)

Not a lot out there from the studio. I'm sure live is a much different story.

I have MOVING PICTURES and i wouldnt mind finding a DEMO .. This album has been DIGITALLY ALTERED and it doesnt sound as good as it would if it wasnt!! (Finding a DEMO of some of the songs on this record THAT WERE NOT DIGITALLY ALTERED would be quite awesome!!)

First copy I got of this LP was a COLUMBIA HOUSE release and it sounded like crap!! (I got rid of it and finally got a MASTERDISC copy! (Bob Ludwig))

Edited by Dude111

I was just wondering if there were any Rush demos floating around. I'm not sure if they did much demoing at all, but I remember hearing a snippet of a studio demo version of "Tom Sawyer" on the 2112/Moving Pictures Classic Albums DVD.

After they're done touring and recording albums, I think the release of a collection of demos would be pretty cool cool.gif

I have the Power Windows demos on my website (there are two different tape sources)

Power Windows Demos - version 1

Power Windows Demos - version 2 (FLAC)

Enjoy! :)