Van Halen's Best

Silas Lang

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jan 17 2012, 05:59 PM)
QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Jan 17 2012, 05:45 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jan 17 2012, 04:03 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 14 2012, 06:33 PM)
This is very hard so i went with i would love to see in a show, in no order

On Fire
Im The One
Atomic Punk
Romeo Delight
Loss Of Control
Hear About It Later
Push Comes To Shove
House Of Pain
Hang Em High
Light Up The Sky

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Sign of a TRUE VH fan. Not a hit single or popular song anywhere to be found!

I'm not attacking you ED, but I am curious. Why do people think that a "true" fan of a band is one that likes the more obscure material?

Well...I don't know that for sure.

In this case, I was morealess just joking because a) I know that MD is a huge VH fan, and 2) His list contains almost all songs that the average VH fan probably wouldn't know or list in their Top 10.

BTW...that includes me because I know for sure, I'd have "Panama" on my list for one. Also, "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love" would be another definitely.

Of course, I don't really know what the definition of a "true" fan entails. But I'm saying, it would be like an average/casual Rush fan putting songs like Fountain of Lamneth, Entre Nous, Territories, BB&B, etc. in their Top 10 for Rush. You just don't see it all that often...

I actually love Entre Nous, oddly enough. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Jan 17 2012, 06:04 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jan 17 2012, 05:59 PM)
QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Jan 17 2012, 05:45 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jan 17 2012, 04:03 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 14 2012, 06:33 PM)
This is very hard so i went with i would love to see in a show, in no order

On Fire
Im The One
Atomic Punk
Romeo Delight
Loss Of Control
Hear About It Later
Push Comes To Shove
House Of Pain
Hang Em High
Light Up The Sky

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Sign of a TRUE VH fan. Not a hit single or popular song anywhere to be found!

I'm not attacking you ED, but I am curious. Why do people think that a "true" fan of a band is one that likes the more obscure material?

Well...I don't know that for sure.

In this case, I was morealess just joking because a) I know that MD is a huge VH fan, and 2) His list contains almost all songs that the average VH fan probably wouldn't know or list in their Top 10.

BTW...that includes me because I know for sure, I'd have "Panama" on my list for one. Also, "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love" would be another definitely.

Of course, I don't really know what the definition of a "true" fan entails. But I'm saying, it would be like an average/casual Rush fan putting songs like Fountain of Lamneth, Entre Nous, Territories, BB&B, etc. in their Top 10 for Rush. You just don't see it all that often...

I actually love Entre Nous, oddly enough. laugh.gif

Oh, me too.

With the people here on the TRF forum, I don't think any song would surprise me as far as Top 10's go. We are in The Rush Forum afterall, so songs like that wouldn't surprise me.

But people like my friends who only know Rush based on the little they know of them, I wouldn't expect to see those same songs on their lists. Example, I was at my cousin's the other day, and he had a mix going in the background, and I heard three Rush songs come up in total: Working Man, Subdivisions, and Tom Sawyer.

Case in point. laugh.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jan 18 2012, 02:20 PM)
Just listening to 'Hear About It Later'.

Holy sh*t!

Been a long time since I've listened to this one...might have to put it up in my Top 10 as well. 1022.gif

yes.gif

Most songs off that album could be up there for me. There are only a couple songs off all their albums that I just don't care much for. Just like Rush - if anything comes on by them, I usually let it play, but one or two will always get the "skip"