VH1 Metal Evolution

The Owl

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched the prog metal episode. Overall, it was very well done and plenty interesting. By far, it was the best episode of the series. I was pleasantly surprised to see Meshuggah and Mastodon and I enjoyed the interviews with members of King Crimson, Yes, Dream Theater and of course Rush. However, I do have a few criticisms: Why didn't he talk about Opeth or Porcupine Tree?!!! fists crying.gif No seriously, I was waiting the entire episode for it and he just ignored them (except when he was wearing an Opeth shirt). That is a major oversight as far as I'm concerned. Also, I really wish he didn't spend time talking about Dillinger Escape Plan. They really suck and that time would have been much better spent talking about Opeth or PT. But I still enjoyed the episode and the series a whole lot and I can't wait for Sam Dunn's next project. Edited by adace1

Really good show, i hope he does another type of Doc like this

He redeemed the last few lackluster episodes with last nights one on Progressive Metal. Easily the best installment of the series so far. Ton of Rush emphasis, esp Caress which was great to see. Also love the Genesis and Yes stuff as well. Great.

I do know right now he is doing a film on Alice Cooper 1022.gif

Was great of Sam use THE coolest part of The Necromancer for the advert's. Yes,too much time was spent on "fringe-y" bands like Opeth et. al.Mastodon, while highly skilled, sounds to me like Helmet in a blender. Also glad Sam recognized Return of the giant Hogweeds single string tapping intro as well as the entire songs influence on so much that came after. yes.gif Squire, Bruford,Giles, HACKETT!!Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!