My Favourite Headache

Priest2112

QUOTE (Tony R @ Dec 7 2011, 07:22 PM)
QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Dec 7 2011, 06:22 AM)
Tony R, did anything concerning Rush ever make you happy?

Yes, the thought that they might actually retire soon.

Why would you wish a band that brings joy to millions to retire? Are their current records and tours so awful that it is making your life miserable in some way? biggrin.gif

I adore My Favorite Headache, in particular the title track, "Slipping" and "Grace to Grace." The album is a proud part of my CD collection, scarce as it may be. It's crazy to think that I was only six years old when that album was released, long before I knew of or cared about Rush. laugh.gif

Hey, it's a Geddy album: of course I love it. wink.gif

Currently, I have not heard Victor yet, but I am sure that a solo album by any Rush band member would be amazing. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (GeddyLeeFender @ Dec 12 2011, 01:22 PM)
Ive been meaning to pick it up but it kept slipping my mind, am I missing out badly? confused13.gif

You are missing something. It is a surprisingly consistent piece of work and as close to Rush as anyone could get in the "retired" years for Neil. Victor is Alex having fun. My Favorite Headache is Geddy making an album. Buy it, put it on and turn it up to hear an absolutely thunderous opening bass solo. It's only a few seconds long, but it says, "Hey, I'm Geddy Lee."

GeddyFinal.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ Dec 7 2011, 07:22 PM)
QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Dec 7 2011, 06:22 AM)
Tony R, did anything concerning Rush ever make you happy?

Yes, the thought that they might actually retire soon.

It's ok, I'm sure the band might think the same thing about you if they ever read this message board.

I love this and Alex's solo album.

I listen to Geddy's a lot more than Alex's, but when the mood strikes Alex's can't be beat either.

I'd love to hear a second Victor album before another Geddy album (although ideally, I'd like both.)