Time Warner Cable...Anyone having problems?

Presto-a RUSH fan!

Just wondering if anyone has TWC and if so, have you experienced problems with the cable boxes having a mind of their own? Either not taping a series for no good reason OR if a show like, Sons of Anarchy, which often plays for 1hr and 5 mins it will only record for an hour?

Or problems with HD?

If you have, what city and state do you live in? I am in the Akron, Ohio area and they are still having problems and I have brand new DVRs.

Just curious if anyone else on TRF has problems with them lately.

QUOTE (Khan @ Nov 28 2011, 09:00 AM)
TWC just bought out our local cable company. I'm dreading the day the switch happens.

The funny thing is, they aren't that bad. Well put it this way. The phone techs are all usually really nice, so are the techs that come to your house. They try to take care of the problems, but sometimes it just takes them a while.

But a switch from something your familiar with to anything else sucks.

My suggestion is, and this comes from someone who has had to call tech support about 20 times since June, call at night after like 9pm. The night shift is so much nicer and more helpful by far. I am up late so I always call at like 1am and I have never had a problem, in fact, the night shift people are the ones who really helped me finally get my HD to work. The day shift are the people with seniority and they are mostly dicks! Sorry if you work day shift at TWC phone support!

Try the CONFLICTS selection when you use the LIST button, that cures a host of sh---

and hw about how Palladia is currently unavailable. Keep meaning to call n ask how come. I have some time today, maybe I'll get THAT done

QUOTE (Khan @ Nov 28 2011, 09:00 AM)
TWC just bought out our local cable company.  I'm dreading the day the switch happens.

DirecTV baby

I had TW, and when they came to run a new cable for my neighbors, they got the address wrong and ran a new one for me. In the process, they cut my existing line and left a huge trench in my backyard. I called and complained, and all I got was "it was the contractor's fault, we will be out tomorrow to fix it." They came out to fix it and I called to ask about the trench and a break on the bill for their mistake. They said it was not their policy to repair the yards, and that since it was a contractor's mistake, I would not get any discount. I canceled my cable right then and there. 2 weeks later, I get a call and they offered to give me 2 months of free programming, and since I was already with DirecTV, it was too little... WAY too late.

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

Lincoln, NE; no issues on my end. The whole campus uses TWC for the cable connections so I'll ask my friends if they've experience anything unusual.

Sorry to hear you're having problems where you are, though. My folks got Cox Digital Cable a few months ago and they had multiple issues with it! Took forever to get it fixed.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Nov 28 2011, 02:06 PM)
Lincoln, NE; no issues on my end. The whole campus uses TWC for the cable connections so I'll ask my friends if they've experience anything unusual.
Sorry to hear you're having problems where you are, though. My folks got Cox Digital Cable a few months ago and they had multiple issues with it! Took forever to get it fixed.

Thanks! I was just wondering. I appreciate that!

On the DirectTV post, I just don't like sat tv. I knew people that had it and anytime there was bad weather...nothing. Plus, if you have a problem, from what I've heard, your on your own. That being said, when TWC works, which had been for years, I had NO complaints. And if you do have a problem, they will send someone out asap.

Here is my story in a nutshell. We were having problems with the internet so we had a guy out and changed modems. Problem solved. This guy saw my dvr and remarked, that thing could die anytime, plus it's not an HD DVR so you should get a new one. Since I had a great new TV, I figured yeah. So I get a new box, all HD looks unwatchable. 5 techs at my house later, several of them changing the every wire in my house even though we told them the guy last week did the same thing. He'd check, and HD would work. Literally, he'd walk out and I'd check more channels and all shyt. The first tech we had, a woman no less, lugged her ladder over to a the pole and said she thought the problem was beyond our house. This is the first tech, after the modem guy. The modem guy also came back several times for the cable problem and lied to me several times. So they send out a team to supposedly check the wire down the block. They find nothing. (we didn't have to be home, they just did it on their own) But of course all my HD is shyt. Finally they send out another couple techs who report everything in my house is fine. So they send out another team to check the block and guess what? The other end of the block where the cable emanates from is chewed thru so bad by squirrels that the guy remarked that he couldn't believe anyone in the neighborhood was getting service. So they replaced the whole freaking block! I am talking a block with like 50 houses on it. So problem fixed...no...several more techs. Finally they call out the guys who only come out when there has been more than 2 service calls in a 2 week period. He comes out and finds that the wire from our house to the pole had squirrel chews in it as well. Replaces it. HD fixed. (wouldn't that be the first thing anyone should have checked???) Then weeks later the DVRs start doing their own thing, which I find out, is a major problem for at least most of Northeast Ohio and Western PA. So that is the problem that they are trying to fix now. Has been working but occasionally it does what I said in my original post.

Not so short, but if I actually told the whole story it would be about 5 times as long, so it actually is short.

YES! Now that you mentioned it, I live in Canton.

And for no good reason at all my DVR quit recording American Horror Story somewhere after the third episode. Also i had set to record last Simpsons tree house of horror episode It WAS recording and all of sudden just quit!!! angry.gif I can live without the Simpsons but there's a gap I'm dealing with American Horror Story, reset recording schedule. (It recorded Halloween part 2 but not part 1) angry.gif confused13.gif I'm playing catch up and also following you guys on American Horror topic to fill the void!!!

QUOTE (softfilter @ Nov 29 2011, 03:15 AM)
YES! Now that you mentioned it, I live in Canton.
And for no good reason at all my DVR quit recording American Horror Story somewhere after the third episode. Also i had set to record last Simpsons tree house of horror episode It WAS recording and all of sudden just quit!!! angry.gif  I can live without the Simpsons but there's a gap I'm dealing with American Horror Story, reset recording schedule. (It recorded Halloween part 2 but not part 1) angry.gif  confused13.gif  I'm playing catch up and also  following you guys on American Horror topic to fill the void!!!

Oh wow....that sucks. BUT...did you know that you can watch them for free OnDemand? It figures. I just checked and Halloween part one is not OnDemand anymore, just part 2. But if you ever miss almost any show check channels 401 and 402 or for HD 1401 and 1402, assuming your channel lineups are the same.

401 and 1401 are Primetime OnDemand

and

402 and 1402 are Entertainment OnDemand

The Primetime OD is NBC, ABC, CBS and FOX all prime time shows. They usually keep up about the last 4 episodes or so.

The Entertainment OD is FX, AMC and a ton of other cable channels. So basically, you could have seen Halloween part 1 if this conversation would have happened last week. They just took off part 1 and now have part 2 up to the current episodes listed OD. Sometimes they make you wait until the current episode airs before they add the last episode, but waiting a week beats not seeing a show at all, especially AHS!

If the channels aren't correct, just search Primetime OnDemand and Entertainment OnDemand just like you would search for any show and you will see what channel they are on.

The stupid thing is the Primetime OD, basically the networks, don't let you fast forward. Although the shows are shorter they still have commercials so it sucks to have to watch them. BUT the Entertainment OD channel lets you fast forward. Regardless, the shows are always not as long as they are when they are on live, meaning the commercials are shorter. So if a show is an hour long, it might only be 48 mins on demand but with short commercials.

AND ALL OF THIS IS FREE!!

You will be shocked as to how many shows you can see that you may have missed or just couldn't record. The Ent OD channel has so many cable channels listed that just about anything is on there for you to watch whenever you want to. And on top of these 2 channels there are a bunch of FREE OnDemand channels you can watch with every subject under the sun.

DAMN...I feel for you...if you would have known this last week you could have seen Halloween part 1. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Hey, thanks bro for the message and additional info, yep watched Halloween pt.1 on demand. I have no idea why dvr decided to quit recording American Horror. No schedule conflict checked, records my other shows no problem.

QUOTE (softfilter @ Nov 30 2011, 01:07 AM)
Hey, thanks bro for the message and additional info, yep watched  Halloween pt.1 on demand. I have no idea why dvr decided to quit recording American Horror. No schedule conflict checked,  records my other shows no problem.

Awesome! It wasn't on my OnDemand anymore.

But you might want to delete the show from your Series Manager and then go back and re-record it as a series. That may fix that show. I would also add 15 mins to the end if it won't conflict with anything else you tape. The problem that has been killing me with Son's of Anarchy is the show will be 1hr and 5mins and it will just record 1hr. So for all the shows I truly care about I add 15 mins over. I tried just adding 5 mins over but then SOA was 1hr and 6mins and it didn't record the last minute. Thankfully it was just the preview for the next week that it didn't record. But when it cuts off 6 minutes, that's the freaking end of the show! Of course now that you know about OnDemand you always have a backup if it doesn't record correctly or at all. I just like having it in my recording list so I don't have to wait if it's not OD yet.

That is cool that you got to see AHS Halloween part 1 though! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

BeOhBe Bob,

I am not sure what Palladia is so I can't comment on that. But the problems that softfilter and I are talking about are beyond the conflict screen. Whenever it does its selective recording, there is never a conflict. It just does what it wants and records as long as it wants. It is a area wide problem, but you must be lucky and not had the problems.

Edited by Presto_a RUSH fan_06-08-90