Favorite Alex Acoustic Solo

losingit2k

What is Your favorite Acoustic Solo by Alex?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What is Your favorite Acoustic Solo by Alex?

• Boone's Bane
    • Hope
    • O'Malley's Break

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Nov 18 2011, 01:56 PM)
I went with Boone's Bane! I just love the chords and progression in that one!

trink39.gif

yeah, no contest at all

Broon's Bane is pure Steve Hackett worship (and it works perfectly)

it's a wonderful mood piece that the other two solos on your list never venture within 100 yards of

Edited by ghostworks

Ok, after a quick internet search now I don't have to ask the question "what the F*CK is O'Malley's Break?" It's nice. Unfortunately it goes into Closer to the Heart, which is hard to listen to due to the singing, even though the musical changes are really cool. But the singing - Yikes!

QUOTE (GUP1771 @ Nov 23 2011, 09:42 PM)
All three are excellent, but I went with O'Malley's Break simply because it was played during my first concert ever, so it has a special place for me. I'm in the minority in that, and I might be scolded for it, but oh well. smile.gif

Don't allow the older crew to get you down man, its as good, it's just different!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 24 2011, 12:29 PM)
Of those listed, Broon's Bane easily. It's a shame they never did a studio version of that.

It's not really a song, but the acoustic opening to A Farewell to Kings I always considered pretty special as well...

Hmm, I was under the impression it went into "The Trees"! rofl3.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Nov 24 2011, 10:46 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 24 2011, 12:29 PM)
Of those listed, Broon's Bane easily.  It's a shame they never did a studio version of that.

It's not really a song, but the acoustic opening to A Farewell to Kings I always considered pretty special as well...

Hmm, I was under the impression it went into "The Trees"! rofl3.gif

It does. It was a separate post where I commented on O'Malley's Break going into Closer to the Heart. wink.gif

bekloppt.gif Hector!

QUOTE (GUP1771 @ Nov 23 2011, 09:42 PM)
All three are excellent, but I went with O'Malley's Break simply because it was played during my first concert ever, so it has a special place for me. I'm in the minority in that, and I might be scolded for it, but oh well. smile.gif

My first concert too. I voted Broon's Bane simply because I just love the mood, but trust me, it was either that or O'Malley's break. I loved that acoustic solo, it was beautiful.

Never heard of O'malley's break till just now. Listened to it on Youtube. It's alright, more just like a free form ditty, with a couple good moments in it.

Broon's Bane I learned years ago in high school, and still play it regularly to this day. It's solid.

But I voted for Hope. This song is very fresh and original. Lots of good emotion in this, and a nice contrast to the rest of S&A. Several times I've had this on loop and listened to it for like 10 times over. rofl3.gif

Hope! For the emotion(s)...