THE ONLY BORED THREAD v.1

ghostworks

Welcome to Nights with "Yes, My Dad Actually Said That One Time (and he wasn't being sarcastic)!"

Here's the quote of the night!:

"The thing is I have no sense of rhythm, so if I were to ever be a musician I'd have to play the drums" -My Dad

Welcome to Nights with "Yes, My Dad Actually Said That One Time (and he wasn't being sarcastic)!"

"The thing is I have no sense of rhythm, so if I were to ever be a musician I'd have to play the drums" -My Dad

*scratches head*

*scratches head*

as screwy as it sounds, that's a fairly sound comment

see, you can actually get by without rhythm as a drummer - you won't ever be the star of the show but if you've got a guitar player/bass player with any rhythm at all you'll learn to follow them and your blues covers will actually sound 'ok' at Uncle Ned's 60th Cookout Bash

you really can't get by as a guitarist/bassist without rhythm - at all

even if your drummer is a human metronome, your songs will sound 'off', pushed and pulled, sloppy - you'll never even make it out of the garage

I've played with/for both

I'd always rather be the rhythmic bass player in a band with a rhythm-challenged drummer than the rhythmic drummer with a guitarist who can't clap along to 'Not Fade Away'

*scratches head*

as screwy as it sounds, that's a fairly sound comment

see, you can actually get by without rhythm as a drummer - you won't ever be the star of the show but if you've got a guitar player/bass player with any rhythm at all you'll learn to follow them and your blues covers will actually sound 'ok' at Uncle Ned's 60th Cookout Bash

you really can't get by as a guitarist/bassist without rhythm - at all

even if your drummer is a human metronome, your songs will sound 'off', pushed and pulled, sloppy - you'll never even make it out of the garage

I've played with/for both

I'd always rather be the rhythmic bass player in a band with a rhythm-challenged drummer than the rhythmic drummer with a guitarist who can't clap along to 'Not Fade Away'

You know what? I had to think about that, and although I can't explain it, I think I actually got that. It definitely does make sense.

Which trend is worse:

THE ONLY _____ THREAD

or

_____ A-Z

...And why?

they're neck and neck!

it's down to the wire!

which will be victorious?

GET OUT AND VOTE!

Is there a poll?

Here's something about Mahavishnu Orchestra - The Lost Trident Sessions:

I got two songs in and by the end of the second I decided to start the album over.

Why? Because I wanted to listen to each of the songs over again a second time right away :D

Can't recall another time where I've ever done that, restart an album out of sheer enjoyment.

Sometimes I do it if I feel I didn't 'get' the songs and want to listen again to maybe get a better grasp of them.

• Like 1