When will NFL change their blackout rules?

alphseeker

I'm getting sick of this blackout crap - it's only happened to the Chargers twice in a couple of years but i'm sure it's worse for other teams. For the price of a 1700 tickets the NFL is willing to wreak havoc on the local economies. Every sports bar in town is vacant losing 100's of thousands of dollars - You would think the NFL and it's owners would lighten the rule considering 1/3 of Americans can't even afford tickets and 1/4 of them are either out of work or working just part time. Most men can't afford to take their whole family to a game so they compromise and go to the local sports bar but now they can't even do that - Blackouts only make the fans lose interest in their teams it certainly doesn't make anyone run out and buy tickets to the next home game - It sucks for the Chargers because we used to have no problem but when the NFL forced the city to add an additional 4000 seats for the Superbowl they factored those seats in to the new seasons -

http://wnst.net/wordpress/cjohnson/2010/09...ut-rule-stupid/

I hope they change the rules soon... dazed025.gif rage.gif

That was total B.S. last sunday, new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

when the Charger's game was blacked-out. yes.gif

Doesn't matter if bumblin' Miami's in town...

Every home game MUST be on the idiot-box...Period. angry.gif 1287.gif

After many years of no blackouts the Bucs have had quite a few of late. While I have found ways around that, most people have to suffer the indignity of watching the Dolphins since the NFL like to go to "regional" games by default.

I remember when they blacked out the Seahawks playoff game back in the 80's. Pretty stupid. On the other hand, it got me to the stadium, so maybe they know what they're doing?

If they get close enough, some local business usually buys up the tickets. I'm surprised that this is still an issue.