Time machine compared to snakes dvd!!

reani14

Like time machine better.. The setlist is better. camera eye alone is worth it. Could do without the goofy crowd shots. takes away from the seriousness of it. But at least we dont have to sit through 10 snakes songs in a row...

Actually, I like exactly half of each tour's set list. Take away the standards they play every tour we've all heard a zillion times (Spirit, Limelight, TS, etc etc) and most of the shitty Snakes songs and I just skip to the deeper cuts that they resurrected....Time Stand Still, Marathon, Mission, Circumstances, Entra Nous, Presto, Digital Man, Force Ten, Camera Eye, Passage To Bangkok, Xanadu, the full versions of La Villa, Ghost of a Chance, Stick It Out. I wish I could edit together all of those into one show on DVD. I'm tired of hearing the classic songs and don't like most of the new stuff so these songs are the ones that interest me the most.

the thing about the standards like tom sawyer, limelight and spirit of radio is that geddy always sings them exactly the same. instead of trying to sound like the actual album versions.. and i really just can't get into another version of tom sawyer unless he changes it back to the way they did it on moving pictures...Think the last time that happened was on the MP tour in 81.

I can honestly say that the Snakes DVD was horrible for the most part simply because the tempo was wrong on too many songs and the fact that they played what seemed to be all of S&A back to back. Yes, it's a good album but only when you don't have to listen to all of it in one sitting.

TM Tour: near perfect setlist, the original tempos were kept, excellent angles for the clips i've seen so far and the camera is usually at the place I want it to be. I don't get why people are so obsessed over The Camera Eye but MP as a whole was just amazing. I couldn't believe how good Vital Signs and Witch Hunt sounded.

Edited by USB Connector

yes 2007 seemed to be the thing to do with the slowed down tempo, i seen both the police and rush that summer and both bands played their songs wayyy too slow... thank god they changed that. i think i only watched the snakes dvd like 3 times.. R30 and rio were better but i really love this new one TM.

Agreed about the too-slow tempos on the S&A tour. Songs like "Between The Wheels," "Main Monkey Business" and "Secret Touch," songs that have some drive to them, were really draggy sounding on that tour.

Watching the Time Machine the other night, nothing dragged. Even "Marathon" was the right tempo -- just as fast as the studio version, and faster than they played it on A Show Of Hands. Nice.