Best Cell Phone Deal?

Gompers

So my Verizon contract is coming up. I am really sick of all the addon taxes/fees. I have been playing with the idea of going with the Net10$50 per month to month plan. But in the meantime, I wanted to get some tips on what is the best plan out there. I do not want to pay beaucoup bucks for a phone plan I will be stuck in for the next two years unless it is worth it and I was hoping to keep the cost down.

I still don't use one of those touch scene things. Didn't plan on it either.

Edited by Gompers

It depends, do you want a smartphone, or any old phone?

Bell has improved their service in recent years and you get get a plan with Voice Mail, Caller ID, and 200 Minutes and a phone for 25$ per month. Mind you, this will be just a phone with a crappy camera, nothing more. The last time I checked they had some very decent phones with it.

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Sep 28 2011, 05:28 PM)
Virgin Moblie

buy the phone you want

pay for the services you want (up to and including unlimited text/data/calls for less than $60/mo

no contract, no credit check

I went to the website today. Decent selection of phones. If it is month to month,it may be the one for me. Boost Mobile looked OK too.

I'm looking at that as well. Ghost, are you happy with the coverage/data speeds? I looked at the coverage maps for my area (I do not do a lot of traveling) and they seem pretty good. No 4G, but that doesn't really bother me.

Review of Boost Mobile

http://cell-phone-providers-review.toptenr...ile-review.html

Review of Virgin Mobile Pay As You Go

http://cell-phone-providers-review.toptenr...ile-review.html

Boost seems to have the upper hand here.

Well, they both run off of the Sprint network, so coverage is going to be about the same.

We have been using Virgin Mobile pay as you go for awhile now. $25/month for each of us. 300 minutes/month, and that's all we need. We're not big phone users or talkers. Using a $299 smart phone with a 2 year contract would be crap for us. Not worth it. We like the pay as we go plan, and at $25/month we are well satisfied.

We downgraded from the Sprint everything plan that used to go for $69, it's $79 now, because we just didn't need all the extra minutes, etc. that bring the cost up. And ya, Virgin piggybacks off the Sprint towers so the coverage is decent. It's a good service for a cheap $25/month, we like it just fine.

Edited by SiriusRushFan

QUOTE (burgeranacoke @ Sep 30 2011, 02:56 PM)
If I did not get an employee discount through Sprint.... Virgin Mobile is the way I would go.

I would consider it but we like smartphones and would need 2 or 3 so that's a chunk of change.