Geddy??? Alex???

got rush?

My wife and I have been RUSH FANS since "Grace under

Pressure". We saw them 5 times TM TOUR!! What a Tour!

Over the years The Power Trio have stayed somewhat private

about their home life. Peart writes about himself(sorta).

Does anyone have any info on Geddy & Alex that they would like

To share?? Kids?? Hobbies?? Home life?? Likes??? Dislikes??

Just curious !!

Nothing that they don't tell us themselves. Most of us are happy with that confused13.gif

The guys in Rush have managed to do what a lot of popular musicians never do. They have private lives. From what little we know they are family men who take their time off and spend it like you and I would if we had the time and means to do so. I applaud them for not living their off time in public or dumping their wives for supermodels and keeping their children out of the spotlight. They have earned that privacy, let them have it.

One thing I remember from years ago was that Alex was taking flying lessons and I assume, got his licence. He made reference to a couple of crashes in his rants on stage (search youtube). But in BTLS there is not mention of his flying - all about golf.

Did he stop flying? If so, anyone know why?

Everything I know about Geddy and Alex, I've learned from Neil's books and from interviews on TV and Youtube. Most of those interviews are only about music. Any personal information they let drop in those interviews is all they will ever let us know about their private lives. They never talk about their families. That's the way they want it, which is perfectly alright with me.

QUOTE (Atomic @ Sep 28 2011, 09:51 AM)
One thing I remember from years ago was that Alex was taking flying lessons and I assume, got his licence. He made reference to a couple of crashes in his rants on stage (search youtube). But in BTLS there is not mention of his flying - all about golf.

Gawd, I hope so. As if I don't have enough to worry about.... unsure.gif

QUOTE (Atomic @ Sep 29 2011, 01:51 AM)

Well, you can find a golf course almost anywhere. Flying anytime you wish doesn't seem as likely.

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Sep 28 2011, 11:24 PM)
QUOTE (Atomic @ Sep 28 2011, 09:51 AM)

Gawd, I hope so. As if I don't have enough to worry about.... unsure.gif

I believe he's still flying. At least in this clip of the Rick Mercer show, he says he's a licensed pilot, and doesn't say anything about not flying anymore.

If you're not familiar with Rick Mercer, he's a Canadian comedian. All 3 of the Rush guys have been on his show. Here's the link for Alex's clip from 2009. I think it's pretty funny.