The lovers of My Little Pony

Godot

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jul 9 2012, 01:56 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 9 2012, 01:33 PM)
QUOTE (Godot @ Jul 8 2012, 12:43 AM)
QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Jul 8 2012, 12:41 AM)
QUOTE (Godot @ Jul 7 2012, 08:59 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 7 2012, 09:30 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 6 2012, 03:17 PM)
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee138/ReRushed/Brock.jpg

Watch a real cartoon!

One that grown men can watch unashamedly because it's actually written for grown men! laugh.gif

>Implying MLP wasn't created for adults

You clearly are saying here that it is, and it's so obviously not.

Can't a show be catered to more than one audience?

The answer is an obvious yes. The creator of the show and multiple directors have even made a clear point to say that it's just as much for the parents (AKA adults) as it is for the children.

OK, I gave you the benefit of the doubt on this point, however I did a little research and discovered the following:

Red flag number one, emphasis mine:

My Little Pony is a brand of toy ponies produced by the toy manufacturer Hasbro. Marketed primarily to girls, the ponies can be identified by their colorful bodies and manes and a unique symbol on one or both sides of their flanks.
(From Wikipedia.)

Girls. Not boys, young men, adolescent men, teenaged men, young adult men, adult men, middle aged men, older men, or even geriatric men, but girls. Young girls.

Red flag number two:

If you go to the My Little Pony My Little Pony website, a commercial starts playing wherein you hear a chorus of what are obviously young girls singing a jingle about the toys. Further, the commercial also shows two young girls playing with the toys and after the commercial stops playing, you see a couple of still photos in a slide show, one of which shows a very young girl playing with the toys.

Red flag number three:

If you read the names of the ponies, you'll find they're called things like Twilight Sparkle, Pinky Pie, Sweetis Belle, and Rainbow Dash. Names that are obviously designed to stimulate the imaginations of young girls.

Now, I've invested all the time I intend to on researching this thing as I've more important things to do, but what you guys have to realize is that your My Little Pony fandom is pretty damned strange despite your defense of it and there is going to be criticism levelled at you and that this criticism is not trolling, or jerks going out of their way to annoy you but is instead honest and genuine so perhaps you guys should wake up and realize that there are pursuits that are much more wothy of your time and for young men to be so into a show made for little girls is just not normal.

I don't care if I should or shouldn't like this show. I simply watched it, enjoyed it, and continued to. I don't care who it is marketed towards. Of course it is marketed towards girls as the key demographic. It still doesn't mean it doesn't appeal to other groups. I know plenty of adults that enjoy the show because they watched it with their daughters. They writers cater the show to adults so it can be just as enjoyable for them. I don't really care if it is strange or not. I pride myself on being "weird". I do listen to Rush after all. I figured this forum of all places would be a little more open minded.

More open minded on this forum? Yes. But we all have our limits

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Jul 9 2012, 03:24 PM)
Man. I honestly used to get some enjoyment out of this thread, but some folks just can't suppress the primitive urge to hurl their false perception of superiority around, ruining nice things for no reason at all.

Seriously, what tangible justification do you have for wasting your time in here? 

This is a message board. Do you really want to get into the logic of why people will post what where? If so, we're going to be discussing that for a while.

All you guys do is spout your piece about pedophilia or homosexuality or how legitimate hobbies are a waste of time, all the while having no concrete premise to base those opinions on.

Speaking of: "the primitive urge to hurl their false perception of superiority around" - not everyone is accusing Bronies of being pedophiles or homos here... And even those who are aren't saying just this. Yet you're saying this is all any Non-Brony in this thread is saying?

I swear, reasoning with you specifically gets very challenging.

-I'm not a furry, see above.

-I'm not a homosexual, I've had a girlfriend for four years, she's also into MLP.

-Maybe I'm fruity, maybe I'm childish, I totally don't care either way. Go ahead and spend the next ten pages calling me fruity, see what that accomplishes.

You seem to care, and a lot. I'm not sure why you personally want to let people know you're not a pedophile, furry, or homosexual... But yes, you are coming off quite childish to be honest. Not because you like MLP, but because you're so upset and keep on going with the double standards.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jul 9 2012, 09:01 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jul 9 2012, 10:56 PM)
what the hell is a "furry"? unsure.gif

I'm not even sure. I'd rather not know from the loose definition I already have in my head.

It's like a fury, but with an extra r. wink.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jul 9 2012, 08:01 PM)

I'm not even sure. I'd rather not know from the loose definition I already have in my head.

I'm surprised that even Bronies are displeased with Furries. Just goes to show acceptance isn't a two way street.

Here's a picture of some Furries:

http://globalnerdy.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/furries_vs_klingons_at_bowling_alley.jpg

Edited by Mr. IsNot

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 9 2012, 03:37 PM)
Who posted in: The lovers of My Little Pony

Poster Posts

Godot 283
priest_of_syrinx 196
BethOfSyrinx 97
Union 5-3992 72
Mr. IsNot 39
Steel Rat 35
CMWriter 30
PolarizeMe 24
treeduck 20

SHIT I've got 20 posts in here, people are gonna think I'm a Brony freak! wacko.gif ohmy.gif laugh.gif

bolt.gif

I am in much more trouble it looks like tongue.gif

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Jul 9 2012, 11:14 PM)

I'm surprised that even Bronies are displeased with Furries. Just goes to show acceptance isn't a two way street.

http://globalnerdy.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/furries_vs_klingons_at_bowling_alley.jpg

You are correct. Just like you did, I associated furies with the sicko's out there that ruin their name. I realized that after I was quoted and couldn't change my ignorant comment. I don't even understand why you guys are even posting here anymore. To convince us that this is weird? I think we get that. Not sure why you even bother increasing your post count here if you don't want to be associated with our f*cked up little group. You treat it as if it were the plague, to be us "freaks". I see no other goal other than to troll at this point, so I'll just stop feeding you. Perhaps you guys'll find somewhere else to go. It seems you latched onto this thread once you deserted the Clockwork Angels topic.

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp91/Sixcolors/Pinkie_Pie_haters_gonna_hate.gif

• Like 1

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Jul 9 2012, 10:14 PM)

You assumed I said it was a bad thing.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jul 9 2012, 08:25 PM)
Just like you did, I associated furies with the sicko's out there that ruin their name.

I realized that after I was quoted and couldn't change my ignorant comment. I don't even understand why you guys are even posting here anymore. To convince us that this is weird? I think we get that. Not sure why you even bother increasing your post count here if you don't want to be associated with our f*cked up little group. You treat it as if it were the plague, to be us "freaks". I see no other goal other than to troll at this point, so I'll just stop feeding you. Perhaps you guys'll find somewhere else to go. It seems you latched onto this thread once you deserted the Clockwork Angels topic.

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp91/Sixcolors/Pinkie_Pie_haters_gonna_hate.gif

I don't recall associating Bronies in whole with sickos or calling you freaks... Maybe in posts from months ago but not in the recent week I've posted here.

What I have observed though is that Bronies are attention seekers, and I did say that.

You're getting pretty wired up over things I didn't even say, but others inferred. It's kind of entertaining which is partly why I'm here... But let's calm down.

Edited by Mr. IsNot

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Jul 9 2012, 08:28 PM)
QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Jul 9 2012, 10:14 PM)

You assumed I said it was a bad thing.

I did. I can't be sure, you bunched Homosexuals and Furries in with Pedophiles.

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Jul 9 2012, 09:32 PM)
Just like you did, I associated furies with the sicko's out there that ruin their name.

I realized that after I was quoted and couldn't change my ignorant comment. I don't even understand why you guys are even posting here anymore. To convince us that this is weird? I think we get that. Not sure why you even bother increasing your post count here if you don't want to be associated with our f*cked up little group. You treat it as if it were the plague, to be us "freaks". I see no other goal other than to troll at this point, so I'll just stop feeding you. Perhaps you guys'll find somewhere else to go. It seems you latched onto this thread once you deserted the Clockwork Angels topic.

I don't recall associating Bronies in whole with sickos or calling you freaks... Maybe in posts from months ago but not in the recent week I've posted here.

What I have observed though is that Bronies are attention seekers, and I did say that.

I don't think this post was directed at you. More at rushchick's and Jack's rhetoric if I'm reckoning this correctly.

But while we're on the topic of attention-seeking...

Who posted in: THE ONLY SPAM THREAD v.6

Poster Posts

Mr. IsNot 2492

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Jul 9 2012, 08:34 PM)

I don't think this post was directed at you. More at rushchick's and Jack's rhetoric if I'm reckoning this correctly.

Poster Posts

Mr. IsNot 2492

It's a spam thread, therefore I spam in it.

I don't know if you've seen me on a streak, but I go on for about an hour posting something or another every ten seconds smile.gif

It's a therapeutic exercise more than anything else.

1287.gif

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Jul 9 2012, 09:37 PM)
QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Jul 9 2012, 08:34 PM)

Poster Posts

Mr. IsNot 2492

It's a spam thread, therefore I spam in it.

I don't know if you've seen me on a streak, but I go on for about an hour posting something or another every ten seconds smile.gif

It's a therapeutic exercise more than anything else.

1287.gif

Well, ponies are therapeutic for me.

I think this is a logical terminus for this discussion.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 9 2012, 06:34 PM)
QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Jul 9 2012, 05:24 PM)
Man. I honestly used to get some enjoyment out of this thread, but some folks just can't suppress the primitive urge to hurl their false perception of superiority around, ruining nice things for no reason at all.

Seriously, what tangible justification do you have for wasting your time in here? All you guys do is spout your piece about pedophilia or homosexuality or how legitimate hobbies are a waste of time, all the while having no concrete premise to base those opinions on.

I liked this place, could you at least pick a good reason to shit on that fact?

-I'm not a pedophile, you have no more right to assume that about me than I do about you.

-I'm not a furry, see above.

-I'm not a homosexual, I've had a girlfriend for four years, she's also into MLP.

-Maybe I'm fruity, maybe I'm childish, I totally don't care either way. Go ahead and spend the next ten pages calling me fruity, see what that accomplishes.

Let's please move this stupid mess to the end so we can get back to POSTING GODDAM PONIES

Call me naive but I thought you'd be more into...well...rats...steel ones...

z7shysterical.gif

Meanwhile on youtube biggrin.gif

I've been following this guy for a while and I know many of us have posted his stuff in this thread before.

Earlier he had said he wanted to do the whole album.

I hope he does.

By the way, if any of you are looking for something TOTALLY AWESOME, this guy did a 1 HOUR piano improvisation influenced by multiple songs in the show.

It's made up of 4 movements and it's beautiful.

QUOTE (Godot @ Jul 10 2012, 09:58 PM)
Meanwhile on youtube biggrin.gif

Halo Effect PMV

I've been following this guy for a while and I know many of us have posted his stuff in this thread before.

Earlier he had said he wanted to do the whole album.

I hope he does.

Damn, you beat me to it. I felt this one was a bit of a step down from his usual work. It was so obnoxiously cluttered with that fog effect. Usually his effects don't bother me, but this one just felt really lazy. I hope that if he does the rest of the album, he puts more of an effort into it.

• Like 1

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/116/5/6/the_royal_duck_faces_by_johnjoseco-d4xp8ts.jpg

By the way, how has this not yet been posted in the group?