What Rush song are you listening to right now?

kazzman

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes - Awaken

I must say, Going For The One (the album Awaken appears on) is definatly a jewel in terms of Yes music. Awaken is about 15 minutes long and is probably the most over the top peice of work I have heard them do. I have no clue what Anderson is singing for the "master of.. yadda....) section of the song, but he has a way of making the words hes singing its own instrument to build on the peice's waxing power. I dunno how to describe it really, but its just epic in its nature. A must listen for all Rush fans biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 18 2004, 01:37 AM)
Yes - Awaken

I must say, Going For The One (the album Awaken appears on) is definatly a jewel in terms of Yes music. Awaken is about 15 minutes long and is probably the most over the top peice of work I have heard them do. I have no clue what Anderson is singing for the "master of.. yadda....) section of the song, but he has a way of making the words hes singing its own instrument to build on the peice's waxing power. I dunno how to describe it really, but its just epic in its nature. A must listen for all Rush fans biggrin.gif

Uncanny! I've JUST posted something about Yes on another thread, and come straight to this thread....Going for the One is indeed one of the all-time classic albums, the first of Yes I ever bought and I have it in both CD and Vinyl formats. Excellent music from start to finish....very differing moods throughout. I do like Turn of the Century...the acoustics on this brings goosebumps on my back. The organ-playing of Rick Wakeman is awesome esp. on Awaken... yes.gif

Archived