"A Flock Of Seagulls" Self Titled Album, YES OR NO

RUSHHEAD666

Hey!

I watched an incredible movie last night on Blu-Ray called "Skateland."

This movie is a cult classic by far! It's like "Dazed And Confused" meets "Detroit Rock City" with a shroud of darkness and drama. A black comedy perhaps taking place in the early Eighties.

What a soundtrack!! This is not a movie review so let's move on.

I always thought that "A Flock Of Seagulls" was a one hit wonder band.

Damn was I wrong. Everyone knows the song "I Ran" but it's the track "Space Age Love Song" that I love.

The guitar riff is super melodic and reminds me of when I was a freshman in high school.

Damn, what a wonderful time to be young.

I had Rush, Metal, Prog, and New Wave!

"Space Age Love Song" is bloody brilliant. I don't care what all of you old farts on here have to say.

This song is EPIC and I think a lot of you young Rush fans will love this tune.

Check out the lead singer's insane blond hairdo:

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21JwyfGH3wE&feature=related

The sound quality in the video isn't that good. Check out the single:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKFjD28qPwQ

The riff reminds me of The Simple Minds and another great underrated band called BIG COUNTRY!!!

I have a greatest hits album plus their album "The Story of a Young Heart" from 1984.

I love their song "Transfer Affection" from their second album which I think was called "Listen".

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Sep 6 2011, 01:51 AM)
Hey!

I watched an incredible movie last night on Blu-Ray called "Skateland."

This movie is a cult classic by far! It's like "Dazed And Confused" meets "Detroit Rock City" with a shroud of darkness and drama. A black comedy perhaps taking place in the early Eighties.

What a soundtrack!! This is not a movie review so let's move on.

I always thought that "A Flock Of Seagulls" was a one hit wonder band.

Damn was I wrong. Everyone knows the song "I Ran" but it's the track "Space Age Love Song" that I love.

The guitar riff is super melodic and reminds me of when I was a freshman in high school.

Damn, what a wonderful time to be young.

I had Rush, Metal, Prog, and New Wave!

"Space Age Love Song" is bloody brilliant. I don't care what all of you old farts on here have to say.

This song is EPIC and I think a lot of you young Rush fans will love this tune.

Check out the lead singer's insane blond hairdo:

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21JwyfGH3wE&feature=related

The sound quality in the video isn't that good. Check out the single:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKFjD28qPwQ

The riff reminds me of The Simple Minds and another great underrated band called BIG COUNTRY!!!

I was really into metal when this came out and I hated it on that principle. A couple of years ago I heard I Ran again and was amazed at how much guitar was in that song. All I heard back in the day was keyboards and haircuts. That Space Age Love Song shows me they obviously influenced Tom DeLonge since it reminded me of Angels and Airwaves.

New Wave is my favorite music genre, so I love these guys (and Simple Minds and Big Country and of course you probably know I like the Fixx and have seen them nine times)! Saw the Flock in the late 90's in a small club where an employee really looked out for me, got me to meet the guys (and girl, at the time) and get a poster signed. Great night! And singer Mike Score looks way different now wink.gif

In 1985, I interviewed the bass player for our college newspaper when they were in town. Got backstage access, free cocktails, etc. He was a very cool guy. Down to Earth, pleasant.

They were touring behind The Story of a Young Heart at the time. I think I still have my backstage pass somewhere...

QUOTE (Chicken hawk @ Sep 8 2011, 11:58 AM)
QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Sep 8 2011, 10:44 AM)
QUOTE (Albone2112 @ Sep 7 2011, 07:51 PM)
Anyone remember 'Wishing'?

Wishing

That's probably my favorite song of theirs.

Im listening now Love this song !

It's played only on the black keys.

Good stuff.