Red Hot Chili Peppers new album

Lerxster

I just heard 'The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie' and it is very intriguing to me.

So.....I am off to Best Buy to get the disc.....I must hear more!

Chad and Flea can do no wrong to my ears...but I am interested if Anthony and 'The new guy' will do it for me...

My girlfriend is a Peppers freak, so I'm sure I'll hear the tracks repeatably, which for some music is sometimes necessary, to adjust to a different sound than the previous album.

I never totally judge an album on the first couple listens......I listen 4-5 times and then let it sink in for a few days and then come back to, listen more, and then judge.

That technique has work well for me with RUSH....sometimes a new album listen is....WTF am I hearing.... and then there's a realization, over a week or so, that I really like what I'm hearing.

It's not on Spotify yet, so I haven't heard the whole thing. I'm not enough of a fan to buy the disc without hearing it first. I didn't like 'Maggie the first time I heard it but it's come up on the radio a few times and it's grown on me a little. That's the downside of using things like Spotify, they don't get things on the release dates!

For the record, this is my very first RHCP purchase. No need trying to convince me what other albums I'll enjoy if I like the new one. I'm sure I'll get there. But I heard and liked Monarchy and Brendan prior to the album's release and bought it based on those two alone.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Sep 6 2011, 04:54 PM)
For the record, this is my very first RHCP purchase.  No need trying to convince me what other albums I'll enjoy if I like the new one.  I'm sure I'll get there.  But I heard and liked Monarchy and Brendan prior to the album's release and bought it based on those two alone.

trink39.gif

Very good then trink39.gif I have grown quite fond of Maggie. Rain Dance doesn't sound like anything they have ever written. Although her release in July coinsided with the abundunce of rain we've had of late, I must say. unsure.gif

Not to convince you, but BSSM is where to go next. It's like buying Clockwork Angels first. You gotta hit Moving Pictures next. From there, any direction you take will be good. I admit I don't have their first three albums, but I do own What Hits?. That use to live in my cd player.

So anyway, let's hope the rain dance ends across the Eastern half of the United States, and RHCP announce tour dates so I can plan trink38.gif

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii282/Lerxster/Raindancesingle2.jpg

I switched off to these guys when Anthony started singing about California, then more California, and to mix it up just a little...California. beathorse.gif

Besides that, Flea and Chad are a tight rhythmn section and I will always have respect for that.