Let's Play Music Together!

The Owl

I know in the absence of Goober's show there is now a void of a get together we used to have.... but via Rushman14, I have learned of a site called...

turntable.fm

It's a really cool site where users can join in rooms and take turns spinning tracks for eachother, and chat in real time....

Their library is limited, but you can upload to their site.....

It would be really cool if this might fit the void that goobs going off the air leaves, and is a really cool thing just to gather whenever....

----------------------------------------------------------

Sadly, the site is in it's beta phase and is by invite only.. you have to have a Facebook account, and a friend who is already a turntable user to join, but I am sure for alot of you that is not much of a problem.

QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Aug 14 2011, 06:09 PM)
QUOTE (Can-Utility @ Aug 14 2011, 06:00 PM)
This seems to be United States only

Yeah, it looks like it. A shame, 'cos it sounds like a great, fun idea!

It's still in it's Beta phase right now.... so that might not be too much of an issue once it goes public...

(it's an invite only thing, you have to have a FB friend who is already using it)

QUOTE (The Owl @ Aug 12 2011, 10:08 PM)
I know in the absence of Goober's show there is now a void of a get together we used to have.... but via Rushman14, I have learned of a site called...

turntable.fm

It's a really cool site where users can join in rooms and take turns spinning tracks for eachother, and chat in real time....

Their library is limited, but you can upload to their site.....

It would be really cool if this might fit the void that goobs going off the air leaves, and is a really cool thing just to gather whenever....

----------------------------------------------------------

Sadly, the site is in it's beta phase and is by invite only.. you have to have a Facebook account, and a friend who is already a turntable user to join, but I am sure for alot of you that is not much of a problem.

It's ok OWL I never listened to Goober's "show" tongue.gif I wonder if we've seen the last of him now?

trink38.gif

At the moment I'm hanging out in this room I created http://turntable.fm/vortex if anyone wants to come and check it out. You need to log in with your facebook account or wait for an invite. Also it is only available in the U.S. at the moment. Come in and check out and turn me on to some new stuff, or old obscure stuff! I haven't found alot prog fans on the site yet so it would be fun to get some TRFrs on here.

The Vortex

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Aug 18 2011, 10:19 AM)
At the moment I'm hanging out in this room I created http://turntable.fm/vortex if anyone wants to come and check it out. You need to log in with your facebook account or wait for an invite. Also it is only available in the U.S. at the moment. Come in and check out and turn me on to some new stuff, or old obscure stuff! I haven't found alot prog fans on the site yet so it would be fun to get some TRFrs on here.

The Vortex

currently playing "Secret Touch" smile.gif