What to listen to next?

Czarcasm

QUOTE (Czarcasm @ Jul 2 2011, 12:50 PM)
Thanks for all the advice, guys!
I ended up getting Hemispheres and I gotta say, I'm really loving it, even after only 3 listens.

Hemispheres is probably their best side-long epic I've heard thus far, The Trees is a great radio friendly tune, La Villa may just be my favourite song by them now, and even Circumstances has grown on me considerably after listening to the keyboard section.

I'm sure it's an album that I'll grow to like more and more with each listen.
Thanks again.

Next Stop: SIGNALS!

That's the way I would go, get a little variety in in the 2.gif catalog.

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jul 2 2011, 07:04 PM)
QUOTE (Czarcasm @ Jul 2 2011, 12:50 PM)
Thanks for all the advice, guys!
I ended up getting Hemispheres and I gotta say, I'm really loving it, even after only 3 listens.

Hemispheres is probably their best side-long epic I've heard thus far, The Trees is a great radio friendly tune, La Villa may just be my favourite song by them now, and even Circumstances has grown on me considerably after listening to the keyboard section.

I'm sure it's an album that I'll grow to like more and more with each listen.
Thanks again.

Next Stop: SIGNALS!

That's awesome that you like Hemispheres. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

However, I would go with A Farewell to Kings if you love Hemi. confused13.gif

Do what you feel but I wouldn't jump to Signals from Hemispheres. That's too much of a change in style, IMO. I'd suggest (as others have) A Farewell to Kings or perhaps now is a good time for 2112.

I remember WAAAY back when I was filling in the RUSH back catalog. I got into the albums in chronological order. It's really the best way to appreciate how they "progressed" over the years. But again...do what you feel.

Edited by tjtull

It is indeed interesting to hear how much the band's sound has changed throughout the years.

I first heard Rush on a walkman during a camping trip when I was in 6th grade. I instantly fell in love. I recall that it was All The Worlds A Stage. I didn't know the name of the album at the time, but side two of the tape starting with a long trippy song about hell and the river Styx (By-Tor obviously)

Anyway, I was so excited to get my hands on a Rush album. A buddy of mine in school made me a tape of his dad's vinyl copy of Grace Under Pressure. My first thought was, "This sucks. It's not the same band. I want the band I heard in the tent." Luckily for me, GUP grew on me and I had the whole collection within the next year.

While I had heard most of the singles on the radio, Hemispheres was my first all-in-one-sitting Rush experience. I fell in love with it! La Villa is my favorite Rush song, period. And the rest of the album is brilliant. Glad you went that way.

Signals is a good choice but I agree with others who suggest A Farewell To Kings next. Either way, you're going to win. yes.gif