Looking for singer for Rush tribute act

hybridalienrob

Hi all,

We're looking for a singer to join a Rush tribute act in the UK West Midlands (Worcester / Kidderminster) area. We've got guitar, bass / keys & drums covered, but we're only mere mortals, so can't manage the vocals as well !

A friend recommended this forum, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Please get in touch if you're interested.

Cheers

Rob

Hi Man - welcome to TRF -

I think it's not easy to sing Rush Songs acurate, hope you find a guy who is brave enough. If not, go ask Geddy biggrin.gif

Try contacting Jason Leonard from http://www.2112.ca/band.html.

E-mail is: j-leonard@rogers.com

Check out his singing here:

In youtube check out: http://www.youtube.com/user/salbidone#p/u for more vids.

They are from Ontario, Canada. Jason is from Orangeville, Ont. Canada.

Edited by gestet2112

QUOTE (greyfriar @ Jun 29 2011, 12:38 AM)
I think it's not easy to sing Rush Songs acurate, hope you find a guy who is brave enough. If not, go ask Geddy biggrin.gif

Why not a girl? Seriously! I keep waiting for a Rush tribute band with a female lead singer (who actually has chops). I've always felt that an act like that could take so many Rush songs mainstream.

Good luck with that. It shouldn't be too hard to get someone to sing anything from Permanent Waves onward. But to get someone who can sing a lot of the 70s stuff even close to the range Geddy did might be more difficult.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 29 2011, 11:50 AM)
Good luck with that. It shouldn't be too hard to get someone to sing anything from Permanent Waves onward. But to get someone who can sing a lot of the 70s stuff even close to the range Geddy did might be more difficult.

We're keen to focus on the late 70s-80's period, and frankly singing some of the really high notes could probably be done an octave down anyway.

I'm open to the possibility of a female singer though, I'm all for equal opportunities !

QUOTE (ioc @ Jun 29 2011, 10:39 AM)
QUOTE (greyfriar @ Jun 29 2011, 12:38 AM)
I think it's not easy to sing Rush Songs acurate, hope you find a guy who is brave enough. If not, go ask Geddy  biggrin.gif

Why not a girl? Seriously! I keep waiting for a Rush tribute band with a female lead singer (who actually has chops). I've always felt that an act like that could take so many Rush songs mainstream.

Back in the 70s, my dad had a band with a girl singer. They did some Rush stuff. According to my parents, she was awesome and could belt out some 2.gif