The AL Central 2011 Thread

Rush Cocky

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jul 27 2011, 06:23 PM)
Ervin Santana no hits Tribe, Halos win 2-1.

What a fiasco, first no hitter at the Jake/Prog field not the way you want the home team to go down in history. Five errors, just plain lazy , lack of mental focus unbecoming of a professional? baseball team. facepalm.gif

I guess we might have a chance to score more then five runs in three games when the Royals come to town Friday but I'm not holding my breath. Then Indians have a murders row of a road trip, Red Soxs,Rangers and Tigers... Oh nooo! Not looking good to say the least.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GO DETROIT.....that's all I gotta say...for now! yes.gif applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Edited by go2wrk@95974

QUOTE (go2wrk@95974 @ Jul 28 2011, 02:22 AM)
GO DETROIT.....that's all I gotta say...for now! yes.gif applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Hey Cocky...you got company. laugh.gif

YEA!! We got Fukudome...??? unsure.gif

What the hell, can't hurt.. fill in the void of the veteran depleted outfield, hopefully he's able to hit the ball. (please oh please let it be so) tongue.gif

QUOTE (softfilter @ Jul 29 2011, 10:59 AM)
What the hell, can't hurt.. fill in the void of the veteran depleted outfield, hopefully he's able to hit the ball. (please oh please let it be so) tongue.gif

As a Cub fan, I would like to thank the Tribe for taking Fukudome off our hands.

His best skill is his ability to draw walks. He's OK defensively, and has no power, though he's a slightly above average hitter for average.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jul 29 2011, 12:35 PM)
QUOTE (softfilter @ Jul 29 2011, 10:59 AM)

As a Cub fan, I would like to thank the Tribe for taking Fukudome off our hands.

His best skill is his ability to draw walks. He's OK defensively, and has no power, though he's a slightly above average hitter for average.

With what were dealing with now, slightly above average is a plus with this lineup!!! eyesre4.gif yes.gif

QUOTE (softfilter @ Jul 28 2011, 12:48 AM)

I guess we might have a chance to score more then five runs  in three games when the Royals come to town Friday but I'm not holding my breath.

Yes, it looks like I was a bit too optimistic..

Playing the Indians,the worse pitchers in the league can regain confidence and feel good about themselves. If we don't get "no-hit" again before the season ends going to be a shock. Last night a new low and i didn't think that was possible. 12-0 Royal humiliation.... If we can't score a run against Jeff Francis and last place KC, I cringe at the thought of what's going to happen upcoming road trip against REAL contenders. scared.gif

Stick a fork in.. turn over were done! bolt.gif

Edited by softfilter

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Aug 1 2011, 12:13 PM)
Still waiting on that over .500 record from the White Sox.

That pitching must've been dirtier than first expected. tongue.gif

Hey...we hit .500 Friday night...then fell right back under. fists crying.gif

The Sox did nothing to improve at the deadline, which is what I saw coming. Cut salary...and maybe we can win by accident. I feel a rant coming......now!

I'm done waiting for Kenny Williams to get it right. I appreciate the Series. I do. And I'm not exactly a "what have you done for me lately" kind of guy either. I'm a Chicago sports fan. We, as a group, embrace our past legends...and defend our mediocre. But damn man. I'm bored with the failure. I'm not going into any depth. If anyone cares to challenge I'm sure some sportswriter somewhere has the documentation. The bad outweighs the good by a lot. A LOT. Rios isn't going to get it. Toronto couldn't wait to get him out of there and there's no place to send him. Dunn...he had to have him. Jackson...we had him to get Dunn and gave up a guy we shouldn't have. I'm bored with it. And if I have to hear...from Peavy...what a hard-ass he is. What can we base that on here? His 75 pitch starts? His ability to amass a series of injuries we've never seen before? He's all talk. Remember all that? He didn't want to pitch here? Well, he's not!

And you know, it just isn't Guillen's fault. I'm sure he'll go first, but it isn't Guillen's fault. Do you sit that salary? I mean...is Guillen playing these guys because he wants to show what Williams spent the money on? Dunn hits behind Pauly? Is he playing the contracts because he's been asked to? What a freakin' mess.

If the Sox end up winning this division...what does that say? And who can they beat if they do?

QUOTE (raygun47 @ Aug 1 2011, 01:55 PM)
The Sox did nothing to improve at the deadline, which is what I saw coming.  Cut salary...and maybe we can win by accident.  I feel a rant coming......now!

I'm done waiting for Kenny Williams to get it right.  I appreciate the Series.  I do.  And I'm not exactly a "what have you done for me lately" kind of guy either.  I'm a Chicago sports fan.  We, as a group, embrace our past legends...and defend our mediocre.  But damn man.  I'm bored with the failure.  I'm not going into any depth.  If anyone cares to challenge I'm sure some sportswriter somewhere has the documentation.  The bad outweighs the good by a lot.  A LOT.  Rios isn't going to get it.  Toronto couldn't wait to get him out of there and there's no place to send him.  Dunn...he had to have him.  Jackson...we had him to get Dunn and gave up a guy we shouldn't have.  I'm bored with it.  And if I have to hear...from Peavy...what a hard-ass he is.  What can we base that on here?  His 75 pitch starts?  His ability to amass a series of injuries we've never seen before?  He's all talk.  Remember all that?  He didn't want to pitch here?  Well, he's not!

And you know, it just isn't Guillen's fault.  I'm sure he'll go first, but it isn't Guillen's fault.  Do you sit that salary?  I mean...is Guillen playing these guys because he wants to show what Williams spent the money on?  Dunn hits behind Pauly?  Is he playing the contracts because he's been asked to?  What a freakin' mess.

If the Sox end up winning this division...what does that say?  And who can they beat if they do?

The Sox have a great pitching staff, great bullpen, and very good defense. So, where is the hole? Why is this team with great pitching and great defense playing .500 ball? The offense blows.

But doesn't this line up sport some big sticks? Yes...but how many are underachieving? Rios, Dunn, Beckham, Ramirez...So, that says to me that Greg Walker needs to go. If this team could have some semblance of an offense, we'd be scary. But we don't, and I have to point a finger at Walker. He's the reason we are not hitting and thus, not winning at a great clip.

ETA: Just be glad that you are not a Cubs fan. z7shysterical.gif

Edited by ILSnwdog

I've also pondered the merits of Greg Walker...or the lack thereof. I would've fired him before the break. The idea that nothing gets done ...that's the thing that bothers me. My old man...huge Yankee fan. For years he's told me no one gets away with this stuff in New York...and really, they don't.

Yeah...you can get by with the staff. But here...

I have a Beckham t-shirt in the closet. Matches my daughter's. I'm a fan. But when he was being sold as the "best talent in the organization," and they brought him up...I'm thinking...he's got a long way to go. See, he hasn't gotten any better. Neither has Alexi. They're basically the same as they were the first time you saw them.

Remember Joe Borchard? For three years I'm at games and they're flashing his minor league stats on the jumbo. They talked about the guy...basically...like he was Ken Griffey Jr. And he was awful. Josh Fields was the second coming of Brooks Robinson. Why do these things happen? Seems like an organizational issue.

Maybe there's someone higher up the ladder that needs to be jettisoned. But fire someone somewhere and let the fans know that you aren't condoning the effort.

JOE BORCHARD man!

QUOTE (raygun47 @ Aug 1 2011, 03:25 PM)
I've also pondered the merits of Greg Walker...or the lack thereof. I would've fired him before the break. The idea that nothing gets done ...that's the thing that bothers me. My old man...huge Yankee fan. For years he's told me no one gets away with this stuff in New York...and really, they don't.

Yeah...you can get by with the staff. But here...

I have a Beckham t-shirt in the closet. Matches my daughter's. I'm a fan. But when he was being sold as the "best talent in the organization," and they brought him up...I'm thinking...he's got a long way to go. See, he hasn't gotten any better. Neither has Alexi. They're basically the same as they were the first time you saw them.

Remember Joe Borchard? For three years I'm at games and they're flashing his minor league stats on the jumbo. They talked about the guy...basically...like he was Ken Griffey Jr. And he was awful. Josh Fields was the second coming of Brooks Robinson. Why do these things happen? Seems like an organizational issue.

Maybe there's someone higher up the ladder that needs to be jettisoned. But fire someone somewhere and let the fans know that you aren't condoning the effort.

JOE BORCHARD man!

Beckham is the best indictment on Walker. The kid has been a .300 hitter at every level, but with the Sox, he's right around .250. Then look at what Beckham has done since working with Joey Cora. He has the best fielding percentage in the AL at second base...and he is naturally a shortstop. Why can't Walker coach this kid with the same results as Cora got?

And the difference between the White Sox and Yankees is the ownership. Reinsdorf is loyal to a fault. In some ways, I respect that, because it is a quality that is in short supply, but it's maddening when you have a situation where you need to let a guy go, like with Walker. sad.gif

The Indians "blockbuster" trade with the Rockies getting Ubaldo Jimenez sending four minor leaguers including our top two pitching prospects Alex White & Drew Pomeranz seems like a steep price to pay for a pitcher who's ERA risen this year to 4.46, 6-9 in 21 starts compared last year ERA 2.88 plus his velocity has dropped. Bet the farm and future for a team that is in more need(desperate) for some offensive spark. Don't like at all, but imagine that's all they could do.. I guess confused13.gif

QUOTE (softfilter @ Aug 2 2011, 01:21 AM)
The Indians "blockbuster" trade with the Rockies getting Ubaldo Jimenez sending four minor leaguers including our top two pitching prospects Alex White & Drew Pomeranz seems like a steep price to pay for a pitcher who's ERA risen this year to 4.46, 6-9 in 21 starts compared last year ERA 2.88 plus his velocity has dropped. Bet the farm and future for a team that is in more need(desperate) for some offensive spark. Don't like at all, but imagine that's all they could do.. I guess confused13.gif

I'll tell you this...I've seen him when he's on, and he's un-hittable. When he's on that is. Honestly, if Cleveland was a better team to begin with it's a great move. In this case I don't know if he puts them over the top...and the youth was probably more valuable. BUT...with the division in the state it's in who knows what kind of impact he could have. He's changing leagues, and that always seems to be good for a few wins up front.

QUOTE (softfilter @ Aug 2 2011, 01:21 AM)

I thought you guys needed offense? confused13.gif

Well, the Sox have won 6 of their last 7. 1022.gif

Of course it was against the Twins and the O's. sad.gif

A win is a win, I guess. laugh.gif

I hope we get some wins against the Twins starting tonight, Indians hard team to figure out, after playing the Red Soxs tough and losing(choking) in the worse ways that only a Cleveland sports team can do against the Rangers, then come home and take 2 out of three against the Tigers??? confused13.gif Edited by softfilter

Congrats to Thome and glad Twins getting the win. Keeping it close.... firedevil.gif yes.gif

QUOTE (softfilter @ Aug 16 2011, 01:49 AM)
Congrats to Thome and glad Twins getting the win. Keeping it close.... firedevil.gif yes.gif

applaudit.gif Thome is a class act. Good to see one of the good guys hit 600. yes.gif

And the Tribe are coming to Chicago tonight. It's going to a long week for you guys. biggrin.gif