Neils cold ears

QUOTE (Trouty @ Jun 9 2011, 08:50 AM)
QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jun 6 2011, 04:30 PM)
Do it, for f*cks sake, DO IT. VOTE HIM OFF.

Am I wrong in understanding 'him' is a 'her?'

That's right. She is a he (ish). He has been banninated at least once on this forum and registered again, saying he's a 16 year old girl (though in actuality he never really pretends to be one--he's posted real pictures of himself). Pretty much whatever he does here, he claims to do for the sake of irony. Unfortunately, he has no firm grasp on the fundamental constitution of irony itself. (which is very nearly ironic) He thinks being mean-spirited is funny, much the same way people who are mean to animals think it is funny; and can't understand why we don't get the joke.

He continues to push and push, seeing how far he can go before he gets banned. At present, he's been rendered impotent by having his posting privileges revoked. So eventually, he'll fade off into obscurity...for a while. (at least he would if people like me would stop bumping these threads tongue.gif ) But, you're new here...so no harm in filling you in.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the risk of going way off topic (that never happens here) I must ask why grown men feel the need to pass themselves off as teenage girls. Not just here. You hear about it all the time. A man is talking to what he thinks is a teenage girl on the net and whamo! it's a man in his thirties. Worse yet it is a fat geek living in his mother's basement. Madness. confused13.gif

QUOTE (Huge Ackman @ Jun 8 2011, 02:12 AM)
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/2010%20Red%20Rocks%202%20Archives/RushatRedRocks2010396.jpg

Because duct tape and rock and roll just go together!

laugh.gif Looking good Neil! cool.gif

QUOTE (phlaaps @ Jun 10 2011, 04:35 PM)
As far as I could see he avoided the pages dedicated to females.

That would be true except for the fact that he started that stupid thread in NWW asking 'what is your favourite Greek island?' (i.e. which women here are lesbians?), which followed Gemini Rising's rather more direct attempt at the same thing. I managed to get in there to tell him what I thought of him before the admins locked the thread smile.gif.

Personally, I think there is a danger of over-analysing the guy. He strikes me simply as a British Northerner who likes trying to take the rise out of people simply because he has a good enough intellect to come up with some fairly articulate put downs, and because he looks down on many non-British people. I have the feeling that, ironically, he is probably rather stimulating (in an entirely positive sense) in normal conversation.

I did read of a hypothesis once about the 'trolling phenomenon', which posited that it is the same as angry, yappy dogs that bark at you from within locked cars in supermarket car parks. The argument goes that they come over all fierce and frightening because they know that it is safe (essentially) to do so, given the window-glass that lies between barker and barkee. However, if you encounter such a canine without barriers, the hound in question turns out often to be just a big, soft old pile of friendly doggyness - all waggy tails and cold, wet noses. In line with this, the argument went, people troll on the Internet because the anonymity of the situation allows them to say things they would never dare say in 'conventional' human interaction. In other words, they would not dare to troll if we were all to meet down the pub after a collective session on the forum in question.

Note that this does not mean that I want to know if Toes has a cold, wet nose.

It is hard to determine who is a nutjob or just kidding because you can't get across a tone on a message board. I can say that I want to kill someone for something they wrote, but do I mean literally murder them or, you know, "kill" them or as Achmed (a funny puppet) would say it, "keeel youuuu". It's hard to know the context and not everyone is a creative typist. I have been accused of being mean and had a thread locked when I thought I was just being silly. It's a fine line and apparently Cosy Toes crossed it. Too bad.

QUOTE (Sir Lerxst @ Jun 4 2011, 03:25 PM)
From 2002, he used In Ear Monitors .

In mid 2010, he contracted an ear infection, which makes wearing In Ear Monitors incredibly painful (I talk from experience).

Since then, he has wore 'over-ear' headphones, With the exception of Cleveland for the DVD recording, and Frankfurt at the end of the European leg of the tour.

Prior to 2002 he had a loudspeaker based foldback system - using headphones occasionally for songs which required him to be dead in time with a sequencer - Red Sector 'A' springs to mind.

Edit : To summarize - The headphones are just a method of feeding his monitor mix (a mix of the stage audio which suits the musicians requirements) to Neil. In the past he has used IEMs and also Loudspeakers, however, he has always* had monitor mixes - so in effect, nothing has changed since 1974.

*I presume that in the past 37 years there may have been one or two failures of the monitor system.

when you sweat as much as he does its real easy to catch an infection with the IFB's ...does anyone remember seeing him with the PZM mic tapped to his chest? I saw it on G.U.P. tour . He wanted to use it so that we could hear his drums the way he does... on the mixes you got more shirt ruffling and heavy breathing than drums.