Neils cold ears

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (s_b_g @ Jun 6 2011, 05:52 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jun 6 2011, 11:51 AM)
Some of you people were drowning witches centuries ago. Seriously.

Luckily, here on TRF, Mods rule, not Mob rule.

smile.gif sorry if i get this wrong - but not quite sure what this means? - do you mean you feel cosey toes is being subjected to some kind of witch hunt?

d

What I think he's saying is, while Cosy is not exactly a model citizen, some people are too quick to judge him, and too slow to understand him. And too eager to overreact and want him banned just because they don't get him. Granted, he goes out of his way to make himself hard to understand, but that's a guy you ignore, not ban.

Only after he crossed the line did we take his posting privileges away.

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jun 6 2011, 07:23 PM)
Wait so he is essentially in torture mode? Able to see, yet no tongue to speak with?

Hello threads about Neil being the best person in the world.

Even if someone were permabanned, they can still come on here a a guest and read all they want. Your post holds no water.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 6 2011, 07:17 PM)

smile.gif sorry if i get this wrong - but not quite sure what this means? - do you mean you feel cosey toes is being subjected to some kind of witch hunt?

d

What I think he's saying is, while Cosy is not exactly a model citizen, some people are too quick to judge him, and too slow to understand him. And too eager to overreact and want him banned just because they don't get him. Granted, he goes out of his way to make himself hard to understand, but that's a guy you ignore, not ban.

43 user(s) active in the past 30 minutes

27 guests, 16 members 0 anonymous members

Lerxster, GeddyRulz, Cosy Toes, subdivisor, phlaaps, MartyMoffatt, Fred Star, MarKo, invisibleairwaves, Finding IT, laughedatbytime, J0N, Itty12, ForceTen, Vive le Rush, Derv

No posting privileges, but still able to log in. Odd, but hey, that's just me smile.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 6 2011, 07:25 PM)
Wait so he is essentially in torture mode? Able to see, yet no tongue to speak with?

Even if someone were permabanned, they can still come on here a a guest and read all they want. Your post holds no water.

huh.gif What part of D3strukt's post doesn't hold water?

I honestly think the reason he has stuck with over ears so long is more to do with the fact they'll sound clearer, rather than worry that the infection will return. The infection could return regardless of IEM usage.

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 7 2011, 04:58 AM)

d

Lerxster, GeddyRulz, Cosy Toes, subdivisor, phlaaps, MartyMoffatt, Fred Star, MarKo, invisibleairwaves, Finding IT, laughedatbytime, J0N, Itty12, ForceTen, Vive le Rush, Derv

No posting privileges, but still able to log in. Odd, but hey, that's just me smile.gif

...And is still able to send PMs. I received one from him today, which he must have sent after his posting privileges were revoked.

I have not bothered to read the message. smile.gif

In respect of Tony R's viewpoint on Toe's 'eat shit tosswipe' rebuke (this was in another thread on the main forum): I found Toe's language to be extremely offensive, and winced when I read it. Additionally, and further to what 1001001 said about the forum being an international message-board and not a pub in the UK: frankly, I would find Toe's rebuke to be offensive in any setting, including my local hostelry.

Edited by Undemanding Contact

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 7 2011, 06:04 AM)

He implied that only suspending his posting privileges was torture because he could still read these threads, and I say, that doesn't hold water because he doesn't have to log into his account to read this -- he can simply view them as a guest.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 7 2011, 02:36 PM)

He implied that only suspending his posting privileges was torture because he could still read these threads, and I say, that doesn't hold water because he doesn't have to log into his account to read this -- he can simply view them as a guest.

Either way, he's still in torture mode.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 7 2011, 03:36 PM)

Okay, thanks. I didn't get it because I didn't see anything in D3's post to suggest one needed to be logged in to view posts. I read D3's post as, he'll be tortured because he can view posts but can't post responses. And that you seemed a little stern with D3 right after thoughtfully posting an explanation of Hatchetaxe&saw's post that, in effect, some of us have been too hard on a (horrible) member of this board, compounded not getting where you were coming from.

Actually, I still don't get it. As you said, D3 implied that only suspending his posting privileges was torture because he could still read these threads. That's basically how I took it. I thought D3 implied the ex-troll could view posts as a guest. The part about logging in to read posts seems like your added interpretation of his post and not based anything he said, or even implied. Well, no matter, it's small peanuts. I can learn to get along with all the things I don't get. smile.gif

QUOTE (Undemanding Contact @ Jun 7 2011, 02:31 PM)

d

...And is still able to send PMs. I received one from him today, which he must have sent after his posting privileges were revoked.

In respect of Tony R's viewpoint on Toe's 'eat shit tosswipe' rebuke (this was in another thread on the main forum): I found Toe's language to be extremely offensive, and winced when I read it. Additionally, and further to what 1001001 said about the forum being an international message-board and not a pub in the UK: frankly, I would find Toe's rebuke to be offensive in any setting, including my local hostelry.

I was PM'd by ex-troll King Troll yesterday. Nothing nasty or anything, just kinda weird and.. creepy. I hardly remember him- I must have been too new and busy spamming it up and having fun in here in those days to take much notice of KT before his posting privalleges were removed. I guess being able to PM is a privallege that can be enjoyed no matter how ugly you use to post. I guess until you're actually banned, that is.

You can block members PM's by going to My Controls, then Messenger, PM Buddies/Block list, then add the member you would never like to hear from again and click on No at Allow this member to message you? question.

Cheers! trink39.gif

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 7 2011, 08:00 PM)
QUOTE (Undemanding Contact @ Jun 7 2011, 02:31 PM)

d

I was PM'd by ex-troll King Troll yesterday. Nothing nasty or anything, just kinda weird and.. creepy. I hardly remember him- I must have been too new and busy spamming it up and having fun in here in those days to take much notice of KT before his posting privalleges were removed. I guess being able to PM is a privallege that can be enjoyed no matter how ugly you use to post. I guess until you're actually banned, that is.

You can block members PM's by going to My Controls, then Messenger, PM Buddies/Block list, then add the member you would never like to hear from again and click on No at Allow this member to message you? question.

Cheers! trink39.gif

No, it's just that we take that first step and just take away their posting ability. Then we see what happens. Sometimes it stays that way, sometimes we move to permaban them.

QUOTE (Jeff_RushFan @ Jun 4 2011, 03:15 PM)
Hi,

This has probably been answered elsewhere but I couldn't find any reference to it.

Does anyone know why Neil has started wearing headphones while drumming, it used to be very rare just on one or two songs, I'm sure when I saw Rush the other week in Manchester they were on constantly!

Is this due to the new drumming style he developed/worked on, or some reason to be in time to video stuff?

Not having a go, just interested biggrin.gif

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/2010%20Red%20Rocks%202%20Archives/RushatRedRocks2010396.jpg

Because duct tape and rock and roll just go together!

QUOTE (Undemanding Contact @ Jun 7 2011, 01:31 PM)

Oh hey, so did I! He called me a smart cookie! laugh.gif

Edited by An Enemy Without

No posting privileges, but still able to log in.
Reeeally?user posted image

NEW RUSH GOOD!!!!

I did a bad thing.

bd.gif

Edited by ioc

No comment on CT. I got two threads locked talking about he/she/it so I ain't talking about he/she/it.

Neil Peart's ears: I just finished ready Far And Away and he mentions that he has been having chronic ear infections for years. He finally went to two doctors and they prescribed three different antibiotics to finally clear all the infections up. All the years of in ear monitors and ear plugs while riding motorcycles really messed things up so he finally did something about it. In the meantime he is wearing the over the ear headphones because the in ear monitors hurt.

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jun 8 2011, 05:30 AM)
Neil is a fantastic human being who was very kind when I met him once in a shop somewhere in the open country

AMIDOINITRITE?
You bet! And while we're at it...

Neil thinks my dad is GREAT. They always have pints together when Neil is in town.

--------------------

user posted image

Edited by ioc

I am also impressed by his genuine, humble and kind nature to all creatures great and small. I just don't think anyone, ANYONE could hate Neil.

--------------------

user posted image

Edited by ioc