Obsessed With Neil Peart

snowdogged

QUOTE (snowdogged @ May 4 2011, 12:04 PM)
It would seem that quite a few people seem to have a somewhat unhealthy obsession with Neil. Most of the threads in the Rush section seem to be about Neil these days and now I am just adding to the fire. However, these Neil threads while humorous at times are starting to get old and stale for the most part. Do other people in this forum feel pretty much the same way that I do about this?

Well, you probably know that I do. wink.gif

You used the word "unhealthy" to describe this obsession some people appear to have. That's right on the money, too. Anyone who spends so much time incubating and expressing ugly thoughts about another human being is going to have to deal with the consequences. There's a quote which I feel is apropos here; Resentment is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die.

So, as annoying and childish as these people may be, they should be viewed with pity. Because they dine on poison every day.

Neil is just playing hard to get.

He only wants to meet the truly committed.

Those who will stop at nothing including warnings, common sense, and good taste to get up close and personal. I think he started calling himself the professor and the greatest rock drummer ever to get this kind of attention.

I'm "obsessed" with Neil Peart.. well, his work, anyways. Not him as a person. (Okay, maybe a teeny bit.) I admire him. A lot. A LOT. I read his books, study them practically, re-read all his blogs, it's really kind of crazy. I went through all of Roadshow and sticky note-d all the parts I liked or I found inspirational, etc. (Needless to say, there are quite a few flagged pages...)

But I don't sit around plotting or trying to figure out why he is the way he is, or whatever. He just is. As we all are. What's so bad about that? So, yeah, I'm kind of obsessed with NEP. But hopefully not in a creeper kind of way!

Don't like it... ignore it?

As the old saying goes, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Get your Peart paraphernalia ready because I don't expect many people to readily agree with you.

You know what? I think Geddy is the problem. Too many Rush fangirls obsessing over HIM and not me...

Yeah, that's it.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ May 4 2011, 08:26 PM)
Neil is just playing hard to get.

He only wants to meet the truly committed.
Those who will stop at nothing including warnings, common sense, and good taste to get up close and personal. I think he started calling himself the professor and the greatest rock drummer ever to get this kind of attention.

facetious or not, you're 100% right