Obsessed With Neil Peart

snowdogged

It would seem that quite a few people seem to have a somewhat unhealthy obsession with Neil. Most of the threads in the Rush section seem to be about Neil these days and now I am just adding to the fire. However, these Neil threads while humorous at times are starting to get old and stale for the most part. Do other people in this forum feel pretty much the same way that I do about this? Edited by snowdogged

QUOTE (SeamusWiles @ May 4 2011, 02:10 PM)
actually Neil is probably a virgin, because in order to have sex you actually have to talk to someone and meet them face to face first. I know he's married and has a baby, but it's probably just for show.

You are definitely one of the people that I was referring to! tongue.gif

QUOTE (zogoto @ May 4 2011, 02:40 PM)
I like that thing that Alex Lifeson does when he hits the metal wire thingy with the weird plastic thingy.

How's that?

Sounds like S&M.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ May 4 2011, 02:04 PM)
It would seem that quite a few people seem have a somewhat unhealthy obsession with Neil. Most of the threads in the Rush section seem to be about Neil these days and now I am just adding to the fire. However, these Neil threads while humorous at times are starting to get old and stale for the most part. Do other people in this forum feel pretty much the same way that I do about this?

The only reason I stop by here is the Neil bashing posts. I can't get enough. Is that obsessive?

It would seem that quite a few people seem have a somewhat unhealthy obsession with Neil. Most of the threads in the Rush section seem to be about Neil these days and now I am just adding to the fire. However, these Neil threads while humorous at times are starting to get old and stale for the most part. Do other people in this forum feel pretty much the same way that I do about this?

I completely agree with you. To each their own I suppose, and I can usually tell by the OP and title of a post what is going to be inside and avoid reading it, but it's annoying to filter it out to get to some good topics. Obviously I have a recent account, and don't post much, but have been lurking for a long time. There are a handful of people that really have a thing against Neil, and are working it for all it's worth. My guess is that either they are engaging in troll-like behavior to rile people or have what they consider fun, or they are religious, and feel threatened or are offended by Neil's views on religion and those that believe. It's a bit odd to me that someone would get offended at how someone else views their beliefs when it should be of no consequence to them, and so often religious people judge those that aren't religious.

Anyhow, I do agree with what you've said, whatever other's motivations are.

QUOTE (D3strukt @ May 4 2011, 02:42 PM)
QUOTE (zogoto @ May 4 2011, 02:40 PM)
I like that thing that Alex Lifeson does when he hits the metal wire thingy with the weird plastic thingy.

How's that?

Sounds like S&M.

The Orbit Room has this basement where... er, nevermind.

Maybe i have a little obsession with him, it's almost by unawareness. unsure.gif

He's the only person in the world that i would be proud to take a photo with him, but i don't know how i could find a way to make this happen. And it's not a urging need to realize this. I just have a secret admiration for him , but those who know me well have destroy this little secret. I think i am more obsessed with Rush's music than Neil. And i am sure that this is a healty experience. (except for the damage done to my ears over the years...)

2.gif

I don't want to meet him.

From what daddy says he sounds a frightful human being.

If Neil didn't obsess so much about not wanting to meet people we'd all be better off. If he'd never said a word about it and just kept away from society we'd be none the wiser.

However, a drummer who pretends he can read, and has the temerity to try and write lyrics deserves all the scorn and opprobrium heaped upon him.

DRUMMERS, KNOW YOUR PLACE!

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ May 4 2011, 06:28 PM)
I don't want to meet him.

Yes, you do. You, daddy and the skinheads. You *need* (not want) his approval and friendship and affection and validation and dirty socks. Admit it.

Edited by lerxt1990

QUOTE (presto123 @ May 4 2011, 07:06 PM)
Without Neil at this current time Rush would be a Led Zeppelin cover band playing at your local bar this Sat night still sounding like that rough first record  yes.gif
Edited by lerxt1990

It would seem that quite a few people seem to have a somewhat unhealthy obsession with Neil. Most of the threads in the Rush section seem to be about Neil these days and now I am just adding to the fire. However, these Neil threads while humorous at times are starting to get old and stale for the most part. Do other people in this forum feel pretty much the same way that I do about this?

I ignore it all.

It's friggin childish and dysfunctional.

I don't even click on the threads.

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif