Ap exams

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ May 4 2011, 08:06 AM)
Good luck! I have 35 students taking the AP language test next week

Taking literature tomorrow. Already passed the language biggrin.gif

but I feel I didn't do so great on cal unsure.gif

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ May 4 2011, 05:39 PM)

I can relate to that...Math was not my strong suit. Good Luck on the Lit. Should be fun

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ May 4 2011, 06:16 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,May 4 2011, 05:39 PM)

I can relate to that...Math was not my strong suit. Good Luck on the Lit. Should be fun

I'm better at math than I am at English biggrin.gif

I just did bad today.

QUOTE (Zanadoo @ May 4 2011, 06:33 PM)
Euro History on friday. booyah

Me too laugh.gif gonna fail this really bad yes.gif I have not studied once for this. This year I'm taking four and next year 7, plus whatever I don't pass this year wacko.gif

Evil, evil, ridiculously long, evil things.

I took two last year. Not bad. 5 on the AP Lang' test and a 4 on the World History test, but my essays saved me. (Thus the "writer" in my username, haha.)

Only 1 AP class this year, so I took the evil, evil Spanish Language exam yesterday. It was so difficult. And the equipment kept messing up (it was held at school since there were only six of us; three from mine and three from another school) so we waited in stark anticipation, just wanting to get the stupid thing over with.

But at least I walked out of there feeling I'd done pretty well. Now just the wait until late July for results -- ugh!

QUOTE (CMWriter @ May 4 2011, 08:46 PM)
I took two last year. Not bad. 5 on the AP Lang' test and a 4 on the World History test, but my essays saved me. (Thus the "writer" in my username, haha.)

Only 1 AP class this year, so I took the evil, evil Spanish Language exam yesterday. It was so difficult. And the equipment kept messing up (it was held at school since there were only six of us; three from mine and three from another school) so we waited in stark anticipation, just wanting to get the stupid thing over with.

But at least I walked out of there feeling I'd done pretty well. Now just the wait until late July for results -- ugh!

I passed this with a 5 in seventh grade laugh.gif

But I cheated; Spanish is my first language biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ May 4 2011, 09:10 PM)

Bah! D: But you see, they actually revamped the test to make it MORE DIFFICULT in the past few years because they realized that there were a lot of native speakers taking the AP Spanish Lang' test. When my teacher told me this earlier in the year I nearly died.

My essay probably reads like a 7th grader wrote it. Or a 6th grader. Oh god. I pity whoever is correcting that stupid essay.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ May 4 2011, 09:20 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,May 4 2011, 09:10 PM)

Bah! D: But you see, they actually revamped the test to make it MORE DIFFICULT in the past few years because they realized that there were a lot of native speakers taking the AP Spanish Lang' test. When my teacher told me this earlier in the year I nearly died.

My essay probably reads like a 7th grader wrote it. Or a 6th grader. Oh god. I pity whoever is correcting that stupid essay.

I'm going to take it next year just to see what happens; I'm sure I can at least get a three.

QUOTE (J0N @ May 5 2011, 06:16 AM)
Not sure what AP's are.
I have University exams going on at the moment, though.

AP = Advanced Placement.

They're classes that are a step above Honors courses in high school. They're weighted the same as honors courses in most cases (5 for an A). Some schools offer dual enrollment through a college, which basically means you can take the class in your high school and for around $200 earn some credits towards college. Even if you don't, you can take the AP exam for your course (for around $80), and if you do well enough you can knock off a few credit hours.

Pretty sweet deal, at least in my opinion. laugh.gif

QUOTE (CMWriter @ May 5 2011, 06:32 AM)
Not sure what AP's are.

AP = Advanced Placement.

They're classes that are a step above Honors courses in high school. They're weighted the same as honors courses in most cases (5 for an A). Some schools offer dual enrollment through a college, which basically means you can take the class in your high school and for around $200 earn some credits towards college. Even if you don't, you can take the AP exam for your course (for around $80), and if you do well enough you can knock off a few credit hours.

80 bucks ohmy.gif

I pay 13 ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ May 5 2011, 06:34 AM)
Not sure what AP's are.

AP = Advanced Placement.

80 bucks ohmy.gif

I pay 13 ohmy.gif

Whaaaaaat!? D:

Dude, that's not cool.

Only kids on free or reduced lunch at my school get a discount on the test.

You're so lucky.

Do they offer Dual Enrollment, too?

QUOTE (CMWriter @ May 5 2011, 06:47 AM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,May 5 2011, 06:34 AM)
Not sure what AP's are.

AP = Advanced Placement.

80 bucks ohmy.gif

I pay 13 ohmy.gif

Whaaaaaat!? D:

Dude, that's not cool.

Only kids on free or reduced lunch at my school get a discount on the test.

You're so lucky.

Do they offer Dual Enrollment, too?

Yeah, and i think I have the discount then...I don't pay much for lunch.

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Jul 12 2011, 02:54 PM)
Passed my Calculus BC and English Lit, and I don't mean to brag (okay I do) but I haven't even taken English lit! biggrin.gif

Congrats!!! trink39.gif

My senior year of high school, I took AP Physics, Chemistry, Calculus, and History (US I think).

I went to Engineering school. In order to start off with a good gpa, I retook Physics, Chemistry, and Calculus and got good grades in all of them. History was the only AP exam I actually took.

Looking back, I was glad I got those early good grades rather than getting credit for them because my grades went downhill afterwards. Luckily after almost flunking out after two years, I hit the books hard and kicked ass to finish in 4 years.