Our Take on "Tom Sawyer"

thebernreuter

Here's my band playing "Tom Sawyer" at the Battle of the Bands at UAB a few weeks ago. It turned out better than any of our rehearsals somehow, and the crowd really got into it. Fun stuff! Hope you guys enjoy it, but if not, bring the feedback anyway! I enjoy attention of all kinds.

Haha thanks guys! We LOVE playing this song. I would have dug deeper into the catalog if it weren't a Battle of the Bands, but I think even "Spirit of Radio" would have been a stretch for this crowd.

Yeah I'm not a very good bass player. I'm using a pick because I'm a converted mediocre guitar player, and I can't play fingerstyle at all. Someday I will actually start practicing my instruments like a good, responsible musician, and maybe then I can play it for real. smile.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Apr 24 2011, 09:20 PM)
Great job - hope you won! A fan of another band I follow is also from Vestavia Hills. Small world!

Nope - 2nd place sad.gif Lost to the Banditos - a 10-piece indie Americana group with a girl that can sing like Janis Joplin and a sousaphone. They got some originality points that we missed out on smile.gif

Archived