Goobers Top 500 Songs of All Time!

rushgoober

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 2 2012, 10:36 AM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,May 2 2012, 08:01 AM)
The Amboy Dukes - Journey to the Center of the Mind
Too straightforward for me, but still has a psychedelic "classic" vibe to it, with some really fun and inspiring lyrics. I do dig this tune, but wouldn't go out of my way to listen to it. CLASSIC GUITAR SOLO! (even if it's just a few notes.)

You do know that's Ted Nugent on guitar on that song, don't you? yes.gif

Why I said classic guitar solo wink.gif

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ May 2 2012, 03:50 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 2 2012, 10:36 AM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,May 2 2012, 08:01 AM)
The Amboy Dukes - Journey to the Center of the Mind
Too straightforward for me, but still has a psychedelic "classic" vibe to it, with some really fun and inspiring lyrics. I do dig this tune, but wouldn't go out of my way to listen to it. CLASSIC GUITAR SOLO! (even if it's just a few notes.)

You do know that's Ted Nugent on guitar on that song, don't you? yes.gif

Why I said classic guitar solo wink.gif

Ted didn't write that song. It was about an acid trip. From what I heard, Ted wasn't too happy ... LMAO!

Ange - Ces Gens-La

I understand (most of) the lyrics now, thanks to French 3 biggrin.gif

It sounds like a less surreal but more psychedelic version of Genesis with a dash of King Crimson, if you get what I'm saying. I dig it, I've been meaning to check this band out for a while, this convinced me to do so sooner rather than later.

Aquarian Age - 10,000 Words in a Cardboard Box

Reminds me of Caravan a good deal, specifically In the Land of Grey and Pink. I like this stuff but I like Caravan better...but of course this is after one listen. I suppose I'll come across this again later. Steve Howe is on here, supposedly? Well I can somewhat discern his tone...

Ash Ra Tempel - Amboss

Woah...mindfuck is all I have to say.

I listened to Ash Ra Tempel and Amon Duul II back when I was getting into prog and it didn't do much for me but now...holy shit. I need to get more into Krautrock. And I really don't know what to say, it had me tripping out...

Ash Ra Tempel - Le diable dans la maison

That really made me feel like I was possessd or if there was a devil nearby tongue.gif I dig this band, will buy the album soon, probably in two or three weeks. If it's on iTunes...don't know where else I could get it unsure.gif

Astra - Beyond to Slight the Maze

I've been meaning to get into Astra for a long time now but for a reason I don't even know I've avoided them, and I'm glad I'm checking them out know. Psychedelic bliss, that's all. The ending is ridiculously tasty.

The Band - The Weight

Yeah, I've heard this one before too. It has a great feel to it, I love this kinda stuff, but actively listen to it as much as I should. I've always loved the piano bits.

Edited by Good,bad,andrush

Syd Barrett - Octopus

I don't know what it is about this song but this seriously has the most trance-inducing feel. Always been my favorite Barrett song, I guess because it is associated with some strange memories of mine, but it is a great song.

Syd Barrett - Word Song

I had to listen to this one again since I haven't heard it in forever. Pleasantly surprised, and what more can I say, it's Syd Barrett! It's very pretty sounding, I probably like it even more than Octopus but then again, Octopus has so many memories surrounding it.

The Beach Boys - Our Prayer

Well...that was strange. I haven't heard The Beach Boys in a really long time. I saw someone write on argument on how they should be proto-prog on progarchives. Doesn't seem like such a farfetched idea after this. And I know for a fact I've heard this many times before. smile.gif