Respect in Louisville Print! Finally!

mandydog

I have lived in Louisville all my life and first saw Rush here in 1979. In all my years I have never been witness to any respect for Rush from the Courier Journal whether it be concert or album reviews. The local music critic here is a lot like the Rolling Stone in his bias.

Which is why I was absolutely floored to see this as the front page of the entertainment section! A teaser with the picture was actually at the top of the front page of the "A" section too.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/201...ell|text|Home|p

That was the first thing that caught my eye looking at the Courier Sunday morning.

Pleasantly surprised to see the HUGE picture and story. This writer who calls himself a music critic has never had much love for Rush and when reading the article, I still don't get that he feels a lot of love for them as he just respects them and HAD to write something regarding the concert.

Still, a nice piece of work.

I do know he contacted me and likely quite a few others on this board for research and for that I give him a big kudos. Rushchick10 with the lead to the story!!! SWEEEEEEET!! (Congrats!!)

Now that its "cool" to like Rush, the journalists that have been bashing them for years are suddenly jumping on the bandwagon. Rush don't need no stinkin journalists and they don't need no stinkin hall of fame. They got us, the worlds most loyal rock fans and thats really all they need. Edited by traeplien

QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Apr 4 2011, 01:29 PM)
I do know he contacted me and likely quite a few others on this board for research and for that I give him a big kudos. Rushchick10 with the lead to the story!!! SWEEEEEEET!! (Congrats!!)

Yeah...I talked to him for almost an hour over the phone. Nice guy. Not sure what made him want to talk to me, but I was happy to do it, and grateful that I had the opportunity! yes.gif

QUOTE (traeplien @ Apr 4 2011, 03:20 PM)
Now that its "cool" to like Rush, the journalists that have been bashing them for years are suddenly jumping on the bandwagon. Rush don't need no stinkin journalists and they don't need no stinkin hall of fame. They got us, the worlds most loyal rock fans and thats really all they need.

I too get a little edgy when infidels try to get in on my secret. I like being a Rush Geek and I like being an outsider---LESS PRESSURE!

Seriously, Good for Rush and welcome to the club. What took you so long?

Nice article. The funny thing is that this guy sent me a PM a while back. He had no posts so I thought I was just being trolled to give out personal information. I answer his questions but refused to give out my full name.