Banned commercials

GeddyRulz

Hey, guys. I mostly started this thread to see if anyone remembers seeing (and can provide a link to) a crazy commercial I saw in the first few months of 1990. I only saw it once, on a Saturday afternoon, and I was laughing my ass off. I'm guessing it was banned.

I can't remember a lot of details, but I'm pretty sure it was for Pepsi. This stoner guy, perhaps on LSD, has all these crazy adventures when he leaves his apartment to go get a soda. Dialogue I remember included, "But the steering wheel was just, like, melting in my hand!" and "But then it slipped!" All these things go wrong for him in one crazy, drug-induced afternoon. Very trippy. It was probably banned for encouraging acid use. Anyone remember this one? I can't find it through YouTube or even Google.

Another commercial, which was definitely banned: two guys are bungie jumping at the same time. The fellow who was wearing Nikes and not Reebok sneakers obviously dies, because we see the rope bounce back up, his sneakers - and ONLY his sneakers - still attached to the rope. laugh.gif

Do you have a favorite "banned" commercial?

I can't remember any offhand. The only thing that comes to my mind is the guy who used to say "dude, you're getting a Dell". They fired him as a spokesperson because he was always stoned in the commercials. As if anybody hadn't already seen that he was.

Edited by circumstantial tree

My favorite is the Bud light "Upside Down Clown". They Played it once during a superbowl and was never played again due to the homosexual innuendo.

Look for it on youtube - I know it's there. I just can't access youtube from work anymore sad.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Mar 24 2011, 02:32 PM)
I can't remember any offhand. The only thing that comes to my mind is the guy who used to say "dude, you're getting a Dell". They fired him as a spokesperson because he was always stoned in the commercials. As if anybody hadn't already seen that he was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7wfHStzm24

Ben Curtis. His dad's a priest - in fact, he was my priest for a short while. Great guy. (Sadly he was involved in a severe car crash a couple of years ago and is still suffering the effects).

QUOTE (Mara @ Mar 24 2011, 02:51 PM)

Ben Curtis. His dad's a priest - in fact, he was my priest for a short while. Great guy. (Sadly he was involved in a severe car crash a couple of years ago and is still suffering the effects).

The priest died or his son?

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Mar 24 2011, 02:52 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Mar 24 2011, 02:51 PM)

The priest died or his son?

No, both are still alive. Fr. Jim is still disabled as a result of the injuries, though. Not sure what Ben is up to.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Mar 24 2011, 01:47 PM)
My favorite is the Bud light "Upside Down Clown". They Played it once during a superbowl and was never played again due to the homosexual innuendo.

Look for it on youtube - I know it's there. I just can't access youtube from work anymore sad.gif

I must not be getting the "homosexual innuendo."