New Orleans Saints Official Thread 2011-12

treeduck

10-6 this year. One and done in the Playoffs. Take that Ducky............... 1022.gif

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 23 2011, 04:05 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 23 2011, 01:53 PM)
10-6 this year. One and done in the Playoffs. Take that Ducky............... 1022.gif

Sounds like last year...

ph34r.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 23 2011, 04:24 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 23 2011, 04:05 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 23 2011, 01:53 PM)

Sounds like last year...

ph34r.gif

trink39.gif

I'm already thinking ahead to the 2012 draft...

wacko.gif

A good performance against the Raiders, very good from the offense. Brees looked in mid-season form and the O-line looked a lot better than last week. Our run defense still looks like swiss cheese though, the tackling was laughable from some people at times (Porter, Shanle).

Standout performances:

Brees

Bell

Graham

Henderson

Strief

Evans

Rogers

Smith

Jenkins

Wilson

Casillas

Cobbs

Miller

One more cut not mentioned in the SAINTS website post, DT Swanson Miller also cut...

Here's the situation now via NOLA:

Here's what the New Orleans Saints' 53-man roster looks like after all their roster moves this weekend. Keep in mind, it's subject to change on a daily basis from here on out:

QB - Drew Brees, Chase Daniel

RB - Mark Ingram, Pierre Thomas, Darren Sproles, Joique Bell

FB - Korey Hall, Jed Collins

WR - Marques Colston, Devery Henderson, Adrian Arrington

WR - Lance Moore, Robert Meachem, Courtney Roby

TE - Jimmy Graham, David Thomas

LT - Jermon Bushrod, Charles Brown

LG - Carl Nicks, Brian de la Puente

C - Olin Kreutz, Matt Tennant

RG - Jahri Evans, de la Puente

RT - Zach Strief, Brown

RDE - *Will Smith (SUSPENDED), Turk McBride, Junior Galette

DT - Sedrick Ellis, Tom Johnson, Mitch King

NT - Shaun Rogers, Aubrayo Franklin

LDE - Cameron Jordan, Jeff Charleston

SLB - Will Herring, Martez Wilson

MLB - Jonathan Vilma, Jo-Lonn Dunbar

WLB - Scott Shanle, Jonathan Casillas, Ramon Humber

RCB - Tracy Porter, Patrick Robinson

LCB - Jabari Greer, Leigh Torrence, Johnny Patrick

FS - Malcolm Jenkins, Isa Abdul Quddus

SS - Roman Harper, Jonathon Amaya

K - John Kasay, Garrett Hartley

P - Thomas Morstead

LS - Justin Drescher

PUP- Chris Ivory

Hey tree I have Sproles and Ingram on my fantasy team...who would you plug in at my flex? Both of them is not an option..Rice and Hillis are my 2 RBs...I'm leaning towards Sproles for first game for the return yards and plus it is too early to see how much Ingram will play (I do believe Ingram will be the number one guy eventually)

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 3 2011, 07:44 PM)
Hey tree I have Sproles and Ingram on my fantasy team...who would you plug in at my flex? Both of them is not an option..Rice and Hillis are my 2 RBs...I'm leaning towards Sproles for first game for the return yards and plus it is too early to see how much Ingram will play (I do believe Ingram will be the number one guy eventually)

I would say Sproles too man....

Rice and Hillis, awesome combo there........

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Sep 3 2011, 09:57 PM)
Hey tree I have Sproles and Ingram on my fantasy team...who would you plug in at my flex?  Both of them is not an option..Rice and Hillis are my 2 RBs...I'm leaning towards Sproles for first game for the return yards and plus it is too early to see how much Ingram will play  (I do believe Ingram will be the number one guy eventually)

Rice and Hillis, awesome combo there........

Thanks...hope Hillis doesn't get hit with the Madden curse unsure.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 3 2011, 08:44 PM)

I think you should go with Ingram because not only will he pay off in the long run, as I think he'll be used more and more as the season goes on, but with this new kick off rule returners are not gonna get the yards we're used to seeing. Also Spoles will likely share return duties with Roby and possibly Lance Moore and Pierre Thomas and don't forget Sproles is a situational/third down back. Actually Thomas might get most of the yards, rushing and receiving on the team, Ingram is the best bet for you though Testy...

Look out for injury possibilities of course...

Lucky for us we have Ivory coming back, hopefully in case one of these guys gets injured...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 4 2011, 12:35 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 3 2011, 08:44 PM)
Hey tree I have Sproles and Ingram on my fantasy team...who would you plug in at my flex?  Both of them is not an option..Rice and Hillis are my 2 RBs...I'm leaning towards Sproles for first game for the return yards and plus it is too early to see how much Ingram will play  (I do believe Ingram will be the number one guy eventually)

I think you should go with Ingram because not only will he pay off in the long run, as I think he'll be used more and more as the season goes on, but with this new kick off rule returners are not gonna get the yards we're used to seeing. Also Spoles will likely share return duties with Roby and possibly Lance Moore and Pierre Thomas and don't forget Sproles is a situational/third down back. Actually Thomas might get most of the yards, rushing and receiving on the team, Ingram is the best bet for you though Testy...

Look out for injury possibilities of course...

Lucky for us we have Ivory coming back, hopefully in case one of these guys gets injured...

I can see Ingram getting the goalline carries as well

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Sep 5 2011, 06:18 PM)
It was announced today that Payton has been signed through 2015.

Yeah I saw that, that's good.

He said in an interview somewhere recently that he saw another six years in New Orleans, certainly as long as Brees is around. I have a feeling that all three of Brees, Payton and Loomis will leave at the same time, probably in about six years, barring unforeseen circumstances. That's not a day I'll be looking forward to!

New roster moves:

Offensive tackle William Robinson and guard Dennis Landolt were signed to practice squad deals, along with wide receiver Montez Billings who has bounced on-and-off the Saints practice squad roster for two years now.

To make room for that trio, the Saints released quarterback Sean Canfield, long snapper Kyle Nelson, and center Cecil Newton.

Payton also formally announced the arrival of tight end John Gilmore, who was given No. 89. Gilmore's signing was reported Sunday. Linebacker Ramon Humber was released by the club to open up the roster spot for Gilmore.

So the latest 53 man roster looks like this:

QB (2) - Drew Brees, Chase Daniel

RB (4) - Mark Ingram, Pierre Thomas, Darren Sproles, Joique Bell

FB (2)- Korey Hall, Jed Collins

WR (6) - Marques Colston, Devery Henderson, Adrian Arrington Lance Moore, Robert Meachem, Courtney Roby

TE (3) - Jimmy Graham, David Thomas, John Gilmore

T (3) - Jermon Bushrod, Zach Strief, Charles Brown

G (3) - Carl Nicks, Jahri Evans, Brian de la Puente

C (2) - Olin Kreutz, Matt Tennant

RDE (3*) - *Will Smith (SUSPENDED), Turk McBride, Junior Galette

DT (3) - Sedrick Ellis, Tom Johnson, Mitch King

NT (2) - Shaun Rogers, Aubrayo Franklin

LDE (2) - Cameron Jordan, Jeff Charleston

SLB (2) - Will Herring, Martez Wilson

MLB (2)- Jonathan Vilma, Jo-Lonn Dunbar

WLB (2) - Scott Shanle, Jonathan Casillas

CB (5)- Tracy Porter, Patrick Robinson, Jabari Greer, Leigh Torrence, Johnny Patrick

FS (2)- Malcolm Jenkins, Isa Abdul Quddus

SS (2) - Roman Harper, Jonathon Amaya

K (2) - John Kasay, Garrett Hartley

P - Thomas Morstead

LS - Justin Drescher

Practice Squad

LB Nate Bussey

WR Montez Billings

TE Michael Higgins

CB Terrail Lambert

DT Swanson Miller

OT William Robinson

G Dennis Landolt

WR Andy Tanner

Reserve Lists

Roger Allen G/T (IR)

Alex Barron OT (IR)

Ezra Butler OLB (IR)

Patrick Cobbs RB (IR)

Jeremiah Hunter OLB (IR)

Chris Ivory RB (PUP)

Joe Morgan WR (IR)

Paul Oliver FS (IR)

Greg Romeus DE (NF-Inj.)

Fabian Washington CB (IR)

Edited by treeduck

Packers favored by 4? From what I've seen regarding the lockout, hard to imagine the Saints won't be better prepared at least physically considering all the unofficial team workouts they had. I was expecting a pick 'em smile.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Sep 8 2011, 12:16 PM)
Packers favored by 4? From what I've seen regarding the lockout, hard to imagine the Saints won't be better prepared at least physically considering all the unofficial team workouts they had. I was expecting a pick 'em smile.gif

After the preseason games I don't think it was perceived as having been that much of an advantage anymore, by the media talking heads anyway, who knows though...?

trink36.gif