New Orleans Saints Official Thread 2011-12

treeduck

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 28 2011, 12:56 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 28 2011, 12:06 PM)
Goodbye Reggie! And good luck with the Phins!

bekloppt.gif

Mark Ingram will blow away Bush as his replacement. In fact I think it is possible he will be number one guy over Pierre as well.

Yeah Reggie was more of "situational receiver back" than a proper running back. It would have been a luxury to keep him even at a cut down price, but we can't afford any luxuries this year with 26 free agents to resign or cut...

I think they're going to make him the featured back in Miami in the wildcat offense, he might do well there.

I'm kind of glad he's out of the NFC too, we'll not play the Phins till 2013...I'd have hated for him to have gone to the Bucs or the Falcons...

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 28 2011, 01:46 PM)
Bushrod stays! Two year deal!!

cool10.gif

I'm hearing that THE SAINTS are in the hunt for Darren Sproles and Cullen Jenkins!

ohmy.gif

Sproles is signed, 4 year contract, the whole deal for the same money ($14 million) that Bush's final year was worth!

cheer.gif

SO for the same money we get a guy with a similar skill-set, better as a receiver, better as a returner, without the ego and the baggage, plus Jonathan Amaya and a late round draft pick!

Good deal Mickey!

trink38.gif

Edited by treeduck

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 28 2011, 10:55 PM)

cool10.gif

I'm hearing that THE SAINTS are in the hunt for Darren Sproles and Cullen Jenkins!

ohmy.gif

Sproles is signed, 4 year contract, the whole deal for the same money ($14 million) that Bush's final year was worth!

cheer.gif

SO for the same money we get a guy with a similar skill-set, better as a receiver, better as a returner, without the ego and the baggage, plus Jonathan Amaya and a late round draft pick!

Good deal Mickey!

trink38.gif

Very good deal!

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jul 29 2011, 06:05 PM)

cool10.gif

ohmy.gif

cheer.gif

Good deal Mickey!

trink38.gif

Very good deal!

How do you like the Cowboys free agency odyssey so far? They seem to have been fying under the radar a bit...

I really like how our defensive line roster is shaping up:

Cameron Jordan, Shaun Rogers, Sedrick Ellis, Will Smith, Aubrayo Franklin, Turk Mcbride, Junior Galette.

We're gonna crush all offenses, we're put a few quarterbacks on IR I hope starting with Aaron Rogers!!

We're bringing the pain this year!

1287.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 29 2011, 06:31 PM)

cool10.gif

ohmy.gif

cheer.gif

Good deal Mickey!

trink38.gif

Very good deal!

How do you like the Cowboys free agency odyssey so far? They seem to have been fying under the radar a bit...

We're in salary cap hell. I think Red-headed Jesus is looking to the future and trying to make some cap space down the road. I think the organization feels that Awww Shucks coached the defense down last year. They are putting all of their eggs in one basket with Rob Ryan. We'll see how it goes. The defense will not have much time to learn a new system...........

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 3 2011, 12:15 PM)
We're gonna crush all offenses, we're put a few quarterbacks on IR I hope starting with Aaron Rogers!!

Don't get those hopes up too high.... 653.gif

Aaron Rodgers

Greg Jennings

Donald Driver

Jordy Nelson

James Jones

Jermichael Finley

Ryan Grant

James Starks

Randall Cobb

How you gonna game plan for all those playmakers?? wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Aug 7 2011, 10:05 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 3 2011, 12:15 PM)

Don't get those hopes up too high.... 653.gif

Aaron Rodgers

Greg Jennings

Donald Driver

Jordy Nelson

James Jones

Jermichael Finley

Ryan Grant

James Starks

Randall Cobb

How you gonna game plan for all those playmakers?? wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif

I don't see a lot there. When I look at that list I see the phrase "three-and-out" in my mind's eye...

tongue.gif

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Aug 7 2011, 09:06 AM)

cool10.gif

ohmy.gif

cheer.gif

Good deal Mickey!

trink38.gif

Very good deal!

We're in salary cap hell. I think Red-headed Jesus is looking to the future and trying to make some cap space down the road. I think the organization feels that Awww Shucks coached the defense down last year. They are putting all of their eggs in one basket with Rob Ryan. We'll see how it goes. The defense will not have much time to learn a new system...........

Do you like Rob Ryan? He's got a bold attitude but can he deliver?

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 7 2011, 01:05 PM)

cool10.gif

ohmy.gif

cheer.gif

Good deal Mickey!

trink38.gif

Very good deal!

We'll see if he can deliver. Only time will tell. Hell treeduck, next to Wade, anyone looks great. Jason Garrett's daily press conferences are tremendous compared to Awww Shucks. Night and day.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Aug 7 2011, 01:26 PM)

cool10.gif

ohmy.gif

cheer.gif

Good deal Mickey!

trink38.gif

Very good deal!

We'll see if he can deliver. Only time will tell. Hell treeduck, next to Wade, anyone looks great. Jason Garrett's daily press conferences are tremendous compared to Awww Shucks. Night and day.

I wonder if he'll ruin the Texans? I've seen a few football blogs/articles that are picking the Colts to falter this year and they're picking the Texans to take over that division...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 7 2011, 01:44 PM)

cool10.gif

ohmy.gif

cheer.gif

Good deal Mickey!

trink38.gif

Very good deal!

I wonder if he'll ruin the Texans? I've seen a few football blogs/articles that are picking the Colts to falter this year and they're picking the Texans to take over that division...

I've been hearing that a lot too. I do think Indy is on it's way down. How far? Dunno.

It usually takes a couple of years for Wade's ways to extinguish the fire on a team. If the Texan's head coach is a strong enough character, then maybe their defense will be fine.

You're division is getting pretty tough. I expect the Ain'ts to take a step forward this year.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Aug 7 2011, 01:53 PM)

cool10.gif

ohmy.gif

cheer.gif

Good deal Mickey!

trink38.gif

Very good deal!

I've been hearing that a lot too. I do think Indy is on it's way down. How far? Dunno.

It usually takes a couple of years for Wade's ways to extinguish the fire on a team. If the Texan's head coach is a strong enough character, then maybe their defense will be fine.

You're division is getting pretty tough. I expect the Ain'ts to take a step forward this year.

Yeah the Falcons and Bucs are pretty good, but the Falcons maybe are getting carried away with the media love they're getting, they're like the Dream Team South! Last year they won a lot of close games and they haven't really improved the team much. They acquired Jones by giving up a ton of picks and I'm not convinced he's going to be that good. The Bucs might turn out to be tougher this year, they added some decent parts to their team.

All Carolina did was get Vince Young II...

As for us well we've beefed up the D-line with talented vets and a top rookie, Payton and Williams have been working seriously with special teams which was really poor last year and I think we've improved our running game which was non-existent bar the contributions of the rookie Ivory. So we should be better but we'll see.

cool.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 7 2011, 02:12 PM)

cool10.gif

ohmy.gif

cheer.gif

Good deal Mickey!

trink38.gif

Very good deal!

Yeah the Falcons and Bucs are pretty good, but the Falcons maybe are getting carried away with the media love they're getting, they're like the Dream Team South! Last year they won a lot of close games and they haven't really improved the team much. They acquired Jones by giving up a ton of picks and I'm not convinced he's going to be that good. The Bucs might turn out to be tougher this year, they added some decent parts to their team.

As for us well we've beefed up the D-line with talented vets and a top rookie, Payton and Williams have been working seriously with special teams which was really poor last year and I think we've improved our running game which was non-existent bar the contributions of the rookie Ivory. So we should be better but we'll see.

cool.gif

I haven't kept up with the NFL as much as normal. Are the veteran acquistions older players? Players in their thirties?

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Aug 7 2011, 02:14 PM)

cool10.gif

ohmy.gif

cheer.gif

Good deal Mickey!

trink38.gif

Very good deal!

cool.gif

I haven't kept up with the NFL as much as normal. Are the veteran acquistions older players? Players in their thirties?

Yeah Aubrayo Franklin (30) and Shaun Rogers (32), two underachievers who've been playing on losing teams their whole career. Hopefully they're motivated by being on a good team. At the very least it's going to improve the defense against the run. We also picked up a blocking strong-side linebacker for nickel plays, something we've been lacking for ages. We've also got a good rookie prospect linebacker and a couple of good young front seven prospects who were injured in the first year with us.

We've been making do with a front seven made up of listless journeymen with three good players (Vilma, Ellis, Will Smith) trying to make all the plays.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 7 2011, 02:28 PM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Aug 7 2011, 02:14 PM)

cool10.gif

ohmy.gif

cheer.gif

Good deal Mickey!

trink38.gif

Very good deal!

cool.gif

Yeah Aubrayo Franklin (30) and Shaun Rogers (32), two underachievers who've been playing on losing teams their whole career. Hopefully they're motivated by being on a good team. At the very least it's going to improve the defense against the run. We also picked up a blocking strong-side linebacker for nickel plays, something we've been lacking for ages. We've also got a good rookie prospect linebacker and a couple of good young front seven prospects who were injured in the first year with us.

We've been making do with a front seven made up of listless journeymen with three good players (Vilma, Ellis, Will Smith) trying to make all the plays.

I'm excited about Garrett. I think it will be a couple of years until the roster if completed with "his guys". We finally have structure and a direction. You may think I'm drinking the blue and silver cool-aid, but without major injuries, the Cowboys may go 10-6.

No I agree they could do. After the bad start last year the Cowboys were a good team. I'd say the Cowboys are a dark horse to win the division.

The Iggles are going to be the favourites in your division but I'm not sold on them being the "Dream Team" the media has dubbed them. The Giants could be headed for a difficult year and now they've lost Amukamara to a broken foot after one practice. And I really don't understand what the Redskins have been doing in the off-season, they must be going all out for a 2-14 season and Andrew Luck.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 7 2011, 02:37 PM)
No I agree they could do. After the bad start last year the Cowboys were a good team. I'd say the Cowboys are a dark horse to win the division.

The Iggles are going to be the favourites in your division but I'm not sold on them being the "Dream Team" the media has dubbed them. The Giants could be headed for a difficult year and now they've lost Amukamara to a broken foot after one practice. And I really don't understand what the Redskins have been doing in the off-season, they must be going all out for a 2-14 season and Andrew Luck.

Knowing the Redkins, they'll go 2-14 and pass on Luck. laugh.gif

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Aug 7 2011, 02:42 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 7 2011, 02:37 PM)

Knowing the Redkins, they'll go 2-14 and pass on Luck. laugh.gif

They do seem to hate the idea of drafting or even trading for a quarterback, maybe they think they can breed one...

laugh.gif

All around pretty solid v the Niners but we have work to do...

Standouts were:

The defense in general were excellent.

Joesph Morgan

Mark Ingram

Joique Bell

Mitch King

Johnny Patrick

Jonathan Casillas

all did well...

cool.gif

Ok we were crap against the Texans, no two ways about it...our defense sucked!

Our offense looked good apart from bad turnovers...

Standout players:

Joe Morgan

Pierre Thomas

Mark Ingram

Nate Bussey

Jo-Lonn Dunbar

Lance Moore

Thomas Morstead