Independence Day

shaun3701

"I have GOT to get me one of these!" eyesre4.gif

Jesus. I think this movie was when I started disliking him. yes.gif

I'm not sure which was more stupid: the presidential pep speech or the idea of Smith and Goldblum flying into the mother ship and uploading a virus.

eyesre4.gif

At least it had good special effects

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Feb 11 2011, 02:45 AM)
"I have GOT to get me one of these!" eyesre4.gif
Jesus. I think this movie was when I started disliking him. yes.gif

I'm not sure which was more stupid: the presidential pep speech or the idea of Smith and Goldblum flying into the mother ship and uploading a virus.
eyesre4.gif

suspension of disbelief my friend, and seeing it on a larger than life sized screen adds to the mystique and drama!

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Feb 11 2011, 02:31 AM)
"I have GOT to get me one of these!"  eyesre4.gif
Jesus.  I think this movie was when I started disliking him.  yes.gif

eyesre4.gif

suspension of disbelief my friend, and seeing it on a larger than life sized screen adds to the mystique and drama!

Suspension of disbelief doesn't apply to bad screenwriting.

"ID4" was Roland Emmerich's first big end-of-the-world special effects showcase, and it also showcased horrible plotting, shallow character development and cringeworthy dialogue. But it made a lot of money, and it ushered in a whole slew of these types of movies where famous monuments and buildings got blowed up real good at the expense of a decent story.

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Feb 11 2011, 04:31 PM)
"I have GOT to get me one of these!"  eyesre4.gif
Jesus.  I think this movie was when I started disliking him.  yes.gif

eyesre4.gif

I hear what you're saying. I suspend a lot of disbelief with Star Trek & Star Wars (and I really like both...the originals for both anyways). However, ID4 was the epitome of cliche cheese along with really stupid lines. And yeah, I saw it on the big screen and liked the special effects as I said. It still can't change what I thought to be a stupid movie (insert Phantom Menace and Star Trek 5 here too)

I was 11 when Independence Day came out and was already obsessed with aliens, so I loved it. It remains a guilty pleasure for me to this day, I have to watch it whenever I see it on tv, no matter how much my husband complains. It's the movie equivalent of junk food, I know it's bad but I just can't help it!