Music Today tickets

GernTheFish

QUOTE (rummut71 @ Mar 10 2011, 11:00 AM)
QUOTE (usb_connector @ Mar 9 2011, 07:43 PM)
QUOTE (rummut71 @ Mar 9 2011, 01:02 PM)
QUOTE (usb_connector @ Mar 8 2011, 08:29 PM)
QUOTE (Jaminbenb @ Mar 8 2011, 06:47 PM)
QUOTE (usb_connector @ Jan 25 2011, 07:53 PM)
Funny you posted this, I got an email from them yesterday saying that you normally get them 2 weeks before the event.

I've emailed them before and at this point wonder WTF the reason is for holding them until the last minute?!?!

Just MAIL the tickets and be done with it already popcorn.gif

It's to give scalpers the least amount of time possible to sell the tickets without overly pissing off actual concert-goers. Face it: no one will buy something from a scalper when all they have is a proof of purchase.

Pish... They just collected interest off of all of that money for three months before they were going to spend one feckin' cent on the printing of your tickets that you bought. I sure love buying stuff and having the check cashed by the merchant and then waiting weeks for my purchase!

Scalpers...pfffft. Like they give an eff about that!! They care about if your credit card transaction went through and nothing more.

It's a cute pie-in-the-sky notion you have there though.

IMO common sense would ditctate that when buying from scalpers you either use eBay (and make sure they'll be sending you the ticket after you pay) or in cash, in person money for tickets on the spot. Of there are people stupid enough to pay a scalper with a credit card (or with any form of payment at all) when they don't even have the ticket, then the scalpers deserve the money.

Point was:

Live Nation does not give one blue f*ck about the preservation of the fans with their ticketing practices...You or me.

Check clears; we got our money; End of.

The idea that that the 'protection' of the 'real fans' is the reason is why they send out tickets later is ridiculous.

I understand rummuts' point, but have to agree with USB on this one. No one is saying MusicToday isn't trying to make money. MT's business model is one that caters to hardcore fans. It's what sets them apart. Distributing limited #s of tickets directly to fans at the last possible minute argueably gives scalpers less opportunity to impede on their business. Here's an interesting article:

http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/112/op...html?page=0%2C0

Edited by GernTheFish

I just sent email to Music Today about tickets for Hershey, seems like I had them earlier last time.. I'm was getting worried about them, glad to see some of them are turning up..

MSG tickets arrived from MusicToday!

Sharing the experience with my 14 and 19 year old daughters. Cannot wait for April 10!

We're watching the documentary to prepare.

Edited by h2112h