pyro in all shows?

h2112h

Hm.. Well, it was an indoor venue here, and they had the full-out pyro and everything.

Not sure why they didn't have flames at the ones Josh Smith mentioned.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jan 11 2011, 01:47 PM)
Hm.. Well, it was an indoor venue here, and they had the full-out pyro and everything.
Not sure why they didn't have flames at the ones Josh Smith mentioned.

different states/counties have different fire codes

on the HYF tour I caught two shows

at the November Providence, RI show there was no pyro whatsoever (not allowed at indoor arenas in RI at that time)

when I caught the December Worcester, MA show (MA did allow indoor pyro) I was, of course, not expecting anything

so you can imagine how completely shocked I was when two huge pyro 'bombs' went off during Red Sector A ("...shouting guards and smoking guns...") BOOOOOOOM!!!!

ohmy.gif a heart attack moment, for sure

QUOTE (h2112h @ Jan 11 2011, 08:07 AM)
was pyro (behind the drum kit) used only at outside venues??? can't tell from the youtube videos. Seeing them at MSG and hope it's there - great effect!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%202010%20Red%20Rocks%208-18/RushatRedRocks2010420.jpg

QUOTE (Huge Ackman @ Jan 11 2011, 05:14 PM)
QUOTE (h2112h @ Jan 11 2011, 08:07 AM)
was pyro (behind the drum kit) used only at outside venues??? can't tell from the youtube videos.  Seeing them at MSG and hope it's there - great effect!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%202010%20Red%20Rocks%208-18/RushatRedRocks2010420.jpg

Sweet shot!

QUOTE (Cygnals @ Jan 11 2011, 03:56 PM)
Sweet shot!

Thanks... taken outdoors at Red Rocks so it doesn't really answer the o.p.'s question...but it has been a while since I had a chance to post it anywhere, thought I'd take the opportunity to show it off again...

Edited by Huge Ackman

I was at the ACC and I don't remember seeing pyro from behind Neil's kit. I remember 4 flames coming from the front of the stage, but none from the back, this could just me my memory because I was just amazed at the affect and the huge WOOSH it made (I'm a bit of a pyro myself).

I can't find a youtube version of BU2B to check either at the ACC.

To answer the O.P-

I'm 95% sure you'll get all the pyro at the MSG show. MSG is indeed an indoor venue, but it's big enough to allow for all sorts of pyro. I've seen groups that have had more pyro than what Rush uses (both in size/capacity and amount) at MSG, and they've used it all.

Unless it has to do with the placement of the stage the day of the show or the band just doesn't feel like using it that day for some reason, you should see it.